Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting a game with modern tech? Is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a game with modern tech? Is it possible?

I've looked to see if this was pre-exisiting mod, but with no success. I'm wanting the ability to start a random game with "modern" technology for all players. I'd like to have it modern and only modern, with no ability to develop future technology, but I'd settle with just starting with modern tech. The goal is to play a game more in-line with the old "Empire" game. Has anyone seen such a mod?

yes in PTW there was a scenerio with start in modern age, but there isnt if u only have conquests, Maybe u can download the PTW version..
    Kermit the frog

Comment

Just toy with the editor.

Scenario Properties -> Players -> Initial Era

Don't forget to set this for all players and you're done.
      Excuse my orthography, my grammar, my syntax, my vocabulary and my punctuation, but hey, you probably saw worse
      If not.. Enjoy ! :)

Comment

Excellent, that did the trick. Now I'd like to figure out how to make it so I can start eveyone in the "future" era so they get all the modern units at start..but..I don't want the world map showing. Seems when you select future era, the world map is shown.

Comment

You mean all civs begin with all the modern techs ?

Scenario Properties -> Players, Uncheck civilization defaults and check all techs. Do it for all civs of course

I think the reveal map thing is due to the Satellite tech. Go look in the Civilizations Advances tab -> Satellites -> Uncheck 'Reveal map'.
          Excuse my orthography, my grammar, my syntax, my vocabulary and my punctuation, but hey, you probably saw worse
          If not.. Enjoy ! :)

Comment

Working...
          X