F-15 Stealth Attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-15 Stealth Attack

The civiliopedia says the F-15 has a stealth attack (apparently so do the stealth bomber and stealth fighter - I checked the editor and each of these aircraft has stealth attack against all units).

Here's the deal though. I just built my F-15s, ready to specify what units get bombed in a stack or city. I go to bombard and no selection window pops up - the most powerful unit in the stack just gets bombed as per usual.

Is this a bug where stealth attack applies only to actual attacks and not bombards? If stealth attack was only meant to apply to actual attacks, it seems odd that aircraft would be flagged. The only way an F-16 uses its offense is in air superiiority and given that planes don't fly in stacks, this means the stealth attack on an F-15 doesn't do anything.

But moreover, stealth attack is flagged for stealth bombers and fighters as well - and they do not have offensive values. Anybody know what's going on here?
    - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
    - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
    - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

I'm looking forward to a reply from this as well. I also noticed that F-15's now lack the ability for precision bombing, unless I am missing something.

which is possible
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

You already researched "smart weapons"?
      Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

oops...serves me right for coming back to civ after awhile. i forgot about needing smart weapons!

that solves my question, but what about Templar's question about targetting a unit in a stack for bombard?

does he need to research stealth i guess?

that mkay be the problem...just getting rocketry only gives you the F-15 I guess. Then you need the additional techs to use the special abilitites.

i've been away from civ too long..
        While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
          You already researched "smart weapons"?
          Yes.
          - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
          - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
          - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Smart Weapons allows Precision Bombing, not Stealth Attack.

Comment

Working...
            X