Gold Per Turn Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Per Turn Issue

Playing the epic game and cut a deal which gave France 71 GPT....however what happen wasthat my treasury was wiped out ---all 34,000 of it

Have other seen this? I reviewed the bug thread but didnot see it mentioned

thanks
    It is well that war is so
    terrible, else we should grow too fond of it.”. R.E. Lee 1863

That DOES seem like a new one, Caesar. Do you have a save game just before it happened? That is usually the best thing to do with these bugs. Immediately stop and replay with the autosave. If it recurs then you know it is a bug and can be reported to a point that a fix could be made.

BTW what would you do with so much gold anyway? I have NEVER had more than a few k gold at any one time - I will spend it.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Same here,all the money I earn is subito spent to accelerate this or that.

How can you have so much money ???????????????????? Editor ???????

Gunter

Comment

Ive managed to get 20k without trying before now, but like MrWhereItsAt I have a tendancy to spend most of my money on upgrades and rush-buy for corrupt cities.

Im sure I was pulling 500gpt from 70% science/30% Tax (thats end profit, after wall street and deals).

Not every bug will re-surface from a save game though, doesn't mean its not a bug, but obviously if Firaxis stand any chance of working it out, reproducing it is the only way we can help them (im sure thats what you meant).
        "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

I have a two games where it was easy to generate coin levels that high... I noticed the AI will keep a large reserve of cash on hand.

This bug reminds me of the "30,000" gold bug in Civ2. I remember sacking a city and the cash I got from capturing the city activated the bug and i ended up with -7 gold or something like that.
          Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Concerning cash buildup Well I am a builder versus warrior playing Rome/w Democracy government
            First to get to Monarcy and had Great Library with contacts to most other civs via using a curragh along the coast lines which were very close together.
            Usually I have a few hundred but this time events went my way

I keep a modernized but small military force. Early on I had most of the iron resources and now have alumimun with no one else has flight knowledge

I did destroy the Dutch with the help of France and took most of the English empire.. Have highest culture and have flipped 3-4 cities so far.... From the beginning most other civs have been fighting each other

My level is the 3rd most difficult ... really not a serious player.

The theft of 34,000 occured in 1996 .. I will check tonight to see if I can reproduce the Brinks robbery with a saved file.
            It is well that war is so
            terrible, else we should grow too fond of it.”. R.E. Lee 1863

Comment

Re: Gold Per Turn Issue

Originally posted by Caesar Salad
              Playing the epic game and cut a deal which gave France 71 GPT....however what happen wasthat my treasury was wiped out ---all 34,000 of it

Have other seen this? I reviewed the bug thread but didnot see it mentioned

thanks
              This is a known bug and Firaxis is well aware of it. All deal between civs are exponentially increased. So, if you are receving gpt from a civ, your receipt is greater than the deal. If you are paying gpt, then your payment is greater than the deal. It is one of the major bugs. But, it isn't preventing me from playing the game. I just pay greater attention to gpt deals. If it helps, the AI civs get the same affect.
              "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
              I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
              --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

dojoboy, in the bug you describe the recipient receives double the income; the payer only pays what he's supposed to pay. Nothing exponential or 34,000-from-71 to deal with there.

Regarding excessive treasuries: In my current large-map game I amazingly gathered up to 30,000 gold, partly from selling techs for luxuries (and getting 2x for gpt exchanges). After I switched from Demo to Commie, there are not many ways to spend that gold other than deficit spending on science.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
                  dojoboy, in the bug you describe the recipient receives double the income; the payer only pays what he's supposed to pay. Nothing exponential or 34,000-from-71 to deal with there.
                  Thanks for setting me straight Jaybe!
                  "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
                  I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
                  --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

Working...
                  X