Scenario difficulty query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario difficulty query

I've recently started playing a hot seat game on a map i've made.

Why can't i just choose the map i want to play on, instead of choosing the scenario option?

And when i do play my map/scenario, it tells me the difficulty is 'custom', but when i load the game after we've been playing, the screen tells me the year, who's turn it is, and the difficulty.... REGENT.

Now, when i made the scenario, i set the "default AI difficulty" as Emporer.

SO what is the go. I admit i am a n00b, but i have tried the help files with the editor.

How do i play a scenario on a higher difficulty level?

the interface for scenarios and maps is still really annoying. I have no idea.

Comment

I should add that it is possible to change the dificulty level if you play the scenario in single player mode. Just not in multiplayer.

As i said, in the scenario editor, i have the 'defauly AI difficulty' set to emperor, but seriously, i have cavalry gallor, and the AI still has archers, and barely any inforstructure at all. That aint emporer... thats Regent.

Comment

yes it is multiplayer that is realy weird. I had that problem with the WW2 pacific scenario I believe. And the scenario did not start properly either- america was able to move their units on turn 0.

Multiplayer still has issues. Good thing I enjoy the single player campaign so.

Comment

Setting the AI to default to emperor hurts the AI a lot. You are telling them to have the penalties of Emporer also. If you are trying to make it harder for you set it Warlord or Chieftain.
          Seemingly Benign
          Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Really. WEll, that crossed my mind, but thought it was too stupid to be true. So how DO you change the difficulty level?

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident And the scenario did not start properly either- america was able to move their units on turn 0.
              It's not a bug, it's the way the scenario is supposed to be That's a way to simulate the suprise attack upon usa. If you've ever played the board game "Axis and Allies - Pacific" you see there that the allies have a defence rate of one regardless of unit type the first round.

Comment

no- the scenario is supposed to be that america does not move their units on turn 0- as in the single player version.

Comment

Working...
                X