Beserk question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beserk question

If I am using elite beserks to attack from a full ship does that mean I can't get a leader because there is no place for it to go? If I had a free space in the ship would it go there?
    Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

I have never generated a GL in that situation.

Comment

It can happen. The GL will be standing there, kind on top of the boat
      I cannot tell you what would happen if there was no place for I lost another berserk in the attack so my GL had not boarding pb.
      The Great Armada scenario

Comment

A long time ago, under an early version of vanilla civ, I generated a leader with a marine attack. I was surprised enough to hit "f" and fortify the leader over my transport rather than "l" to load him -- I wouldn't have been able to load him anyway because the transport was full. Upon completion of the attack I moved the transport into the newly conquered city, forgetting about the leader for a turn. The next turn I checked into the city -- no leader! No visible leader on the map either, but my F3 screen showed an available leader. I bumbled around for a while before discovering I could either double-click or right click the leader from the F3 screen and activate the unit. The screen jumped me to my leader, floating on the coast just outside my new city, right where he had been generated. Apparently he had been treading water for some time . I moved a transport out, loaded the leader, and moved him into the city. Despite being a bit soggy, he was no worse for wear and worked perfectly

Today, I'd probably save the game and try to repeat the process. If it didn't work, I'd reload, disband a berserker, and load the leader into the ship.

Catt

EDIT: spelling
        Last edited by Catt; December 3, 2003, 16:01.

Comment

Cool, thanks.
          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Who would have thunk it. A floating leader is possible, cool.

Comment

Floating Leader. That’s interesting. I have never seen a leader generated from fighting with naval units either. I wonder what happens if a non-unit carrying naval vessel, say a battleship, creates a leader in the middle of the ocean? Another Floater?
              "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Originally posted by TheArsenal
                Floating Leader. That’s interesting. I have never seen a leader generated from fighting with naval units either. I wonder what happens if a non-unit carrying naval vessel, say a battleship, creates a leader in the middle of the ocean? Another Floater?
                Naval units can't generate leaders.

Catt

Comment

Which explains of course, why out of the many games I've played I have never seen it. From a game play perspective, it also makes perfect sense - there's just no real way to deal with it.
                  "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Originally posted by TheArsenal
                    Which explains of course, why out of the many games I've played I have never seen it. From a game play perspective, it also makes perfect sense - there's just no real way to deal with it.
                    There are lots of ways to deal with it - Many of them very simple.

Option 1 - Make a Watercraft 'Flag Ship' leader unit. Same stats and abilities as a ground leader with a movement of say 6

Option 2 - Make Naval Leaders appear in Cities (ala the SGL) since code for a capital leader appearance now exists.

In both of these option, ZERO new features need to be implimented. No Naval Army's or Armadas, no change in Gameplay elements, nutting nada. -

But that's just my opinion.. I could be wrong

Kevin P.
                    ---- "What gunpowder did for war, Blake has done for the AI" - Diadem ----

Comment

I just finished the Middle Ages scenario playing Sweden with lots of berserks and longships. I got 3 leaders from amphibious attacks and found myself shuffling longships around to get one with any space aboard underneath a leader to move him somewhere he could create an army.
                      Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Every naval unit should be given the ability to carry 1 leader. Problem solved.

Comment

Floating leader!!! hilarious!

He probably used his seat cushion as a floating device.
                          Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

I just thought the term "floter" in this instance was funny...

Comment

Can another civ attack the leader from the land or do they need a ship?

Comment

Working...
                              X