Scenarios - Happy/Sad/Pensive and Finally OT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenarios - Happy/Sad/Pensive and Finally OT

I am quite enjoying the scenarios. So far I like mesoarmerica and age of discovery best. I played a lot of Rome with the Middle Ages mod, so I haven't spent a lot of time on it here, ..........yet

Am I correct in observing that the random seed is fixed for the scenario set-up - ie. you always have the same resources in the same place? It mignt be a little more replayable if that wasn't so. Say it ain't so, Sid.

Can the scenarios be easily modded by introducing other maps (Yes - I'm going over to the creation forum right after this, but maybe it's of general interest). I'd love to play mesoamerica on some other maps with more civs.
    Many are cold, but few are frozen.No more durrian, please. On On!

Interesting question Changmai ... but I would bet dollars-to-doughnuts that the random seed is hard-coded into the scenarios.

Comment

Re: Scenarios - Happy/Sad/Pensive and Finally OT

Originally posted by Changmai Beagle

Am I correct in observing that the random seed is fixed for the scenario set-up - ie. you always have the same resources in the same place? It mignt be a little more replayable if that wasn't so. Say it ain't so, Sid.
      I don't suppose there's all that much point in ensuring random generation of the location of resources in the conquests, since the map stays the same, and that's a pretty big advantage straight away to the human player who has done the conquest already.
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Re: Scenarios - Happy/Sad/Pensive and Finally OT

Originally posted by Changmai Beagle

Can the scenarios be easily modded by introducing other maps (Yes - I'm going over to the creation forum right after this, but maybe it's of general interest). I'd love to play mesoamerica on some other maps with more civs.
        I think if you'll create a map and then import the rules it should be possible. You might have to do some additional modding to get it work as you'd like.

Comment

Even if some of you don't like having resources,luxuries and all spawning at the same tiles in the same maps in the scenarios, well personally I don't mind since: 1) the scenarios are awesome, so awesome that in the first time in my years of civing I find them even more addictive than the regular game - at last the pros from Firaxis did it - ; 2) they still have quite a high replayability with the numerous starting civs to choose from;3) you can still play at a higher difficulty level. I noticed that some scenarios, like Mesoamerica, can generally be played at one higher level than your regular game - for the mass of gamers. But even the easiest of them cannot be played at the 3 highest diff levels ( demi-god,deity,Sid ) for the vast majority of gamers. The majority play at Regent & Monarch, with a tendency to Emperor/demi-god for advanced civers. All in all I think they are quite well balanced and the mass of civers must be quite happy about this. Sad and Pensive is never the kind of mood I feel when playing this kind of refined expansion.
          The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

normally I like resources to be where they are supposed to be and preferribly historicaly accurate.

though the scenario designers admitted they had to spread some resources around to ensure a good game by all even if it wasn't entirely realistic placement of resources.

Comment

Working...
            X