What are "Flavors" in the C3C Editior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are "Flavors" in the C3C Editior

I am trying to create a full earth scenario using the C3C editor but I cannot understand the "Flavors" tab even after reading the HELP information. I thought that it might be a way to lead certain Civs toward certain techs or wonders, which would be great but I am not sure. If my guess is correct how do I set it up.

Also what is a Bonus Tech. I could not find it in the HELP Index.

They can be used to just that. See the AU mod topics to find a discussion on flavors. Look in the strat forum.

Comment

Re: What are "Flavors" in the C3C Editior

Originally posted by MOAB
      Also what is a Bonus Tech. I could not find it in the HELP Index.
      Is that where the first to the tech lands you a freebie, or something else perhaps.

Comment

The Bonus tech - > just look what happens when you're the first one to research Philo.. that's it

Flavors -> I recommend to open the "Age of Discovery" scenario in the editor and watch for your self what's the use of the flavors..

Fortune and Glory, here I come!!!.
        Indiana Jones
        Spanish Empire Civ for Civilization 5 (in Spanish/en Español)

Comment

Re: What are "Flavors" in the C3C Editior

I am trying to create a full earth scenario using the C3C editor but I cannot understand the "Flavors" tab even after reading the HELP information. I thought that it might be a way to lead certain Civs toward certain techs or wonders, which would be great but I am not sure. If my guess is correct how do I set it up.
          You've got it right. What I've done is assign a flavor for each attribute, except Expansionist. Then assigned an appropriate flavor for the buildings and techs. I think Militaristic is Flavor 1, so Barracks will be flagged Flavor 1 as well. That should make a Militaristic civ more inclined to build that instead of a Temple, since I've given Religious only a 25% relationship with Militaristic.

Comment

Can I have as a "Flavor" a civilization such as China and have a 100% relationship with The Great Wall. Also, there are two columns under Flavors and when I type something in one column it also shows up in the second column. Therefore, if I type China in the left column it also appears in the right column and I do not know how to make the two columns different.

Comment

Can I have as a "Flavor" a civilization such as China and have a 100% relationship with The Great Wall.
              Sure. Just give China and the Great Wall the same flavor. It will be 100% relationship.

Also, there are two columns under Flavors and when I type something in one column it also shows up in the second column. Therefore, if I type China in the left column it also appears in the right column and I do not know how to make the two columns different.
              You can't make them different, there's only 7 flavors. As soon as you assign a name to one side of the list, it will appear in the other. That shows you when there's a 1005 relationship. All others will be 50%, unless you change the values.

You can't be very specific with flavors, like you seem to want to do. Its' a very general thing. The best you can do is give one flavor to any Oriental race, then assign the same one to the Great Wall.

Comment

Working...
              X