Wealth build continiously

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wealth build continiously

What settings do I need so that a city keeps building Wealth turn after turn?

In late game I often only want that every turn & currently have to reset all my cities to wealth again.

TIA

If you set a city to producing wealth it won't change. Are you using governers? Maybe that affects it. Make sure your governers are off.
    Formerly known as Masuro.
    The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

If you are at a point where you actually WANT to be building wealth, you need to up the difficulty.
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by donegeal
        If you are at a point where you actually WANT to be building wealth, you need to up the difficulty.
        ??
        What if there's nothing else left to build 'cept stupid military units (my cities constantly want to build bombers) - I put them to wealth so they'll stop bugging me, and stop building units I'll never use.
        If pigs could fly we'd all have to wear helmets.
        Please don't be envious of my little girlie brain.

Comment

If you have the time and resorces to build everything, then you need to up the difficulty.
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by donegeal
            If you have the time and resorces to build everything, then you need to up the difficulty.
            That doesn't answer his question.

In my case:

Sometimes I like to coast in a game to discover new tactics and strats without much risk--having massive wealth helps do this. Once I have explored all I need to (and have seen what works and what does not), I begin to up the difficulty in future games. I play S L O W L Y and take my time...that is why I have always LOVED Civ...I can take as long as I want (in SP games!) and play the way I want. There are times I could crush the AI in a few turns, but instead grind it out for fun... To each his own.

So he doesn't need to up the difficulty if he enjoys playing it at his current level. /shrug
            Otiosis locus hic non est, discede morator!

Comment

If you set a city to build wealth, it should always continue to do that until you tell it otherwise. I don't know what would make it change from that. Perhaps having governors on for your cities. Maybe mobilisation would have some strange effect. Or you may have uncovered a bug.

But I almost never find wealth useful any more. If you have every improvement built in every city, build units and go conquer some more. If you don't, build units in the complete cities and disband them in the still-needing-improvement ones. It's far more efficient than setting cities to wealth and rush buying improvements in other cities, although using wealth can obviously save on the micro-management side of things. It can occasionally be useful when I want to run at higher science for a while, so the extra gold goes to research rather than on rushing improvements on recently conquered cities.

But if your cities are spontaneously changing from wealth production to something else, something is wrong. That's not meant to happen normally.

Comment

Wealth is useful for totally corrupt cities. It is also useful in the late stage of the game, when you have it in the bag.

Comment

I will most often use Wealth for those times when I need to have a city simply "Wait" 1 or 2 turns before building something - no "prebuilds" that will take long enough for me to finish researching a tech or something like that.

I actually would like the opposite - I'd like to say "Build Wealth this turn, then ask me what to build next turn" - if you figure out how you did that, let me know.
                  "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

Originally posted by ducki
                    I actually would like the opposite - I'd like to say "Build Wealth this turn, then ask me what to build next turn" - if you figure out how you did that, let me know.
                    This one is easy ducki. Just set your city to Wealth, and put-in whatever you want next in the queue. The next turn that city will switch from wealth to whatever was queued-up.

This 'could' be the original problem. When your cities switch from wealth to something else, is there something in the queue?
                    "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

I tried that, steven8r, but I tend to forget.
                      The thing is, what I really want to build will become available in 1-2 turns with the next tech and the only thing I know for sure I'd notice and remember would be a Palace.
                      Good idea, I'm just too scatterbrained for it work consistently without me forgetting.
                      "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

Corruption. In games where I am going for a Domination Victory and am taking and keeping cities just to drive my population and landmass percentages up, I find myself with foreign holdings (particularly overseas) that have been rendered completely useless by corruption. Depending on the specific situation, sometimes I will set those cities to Wealth rather than rush buy improvements to drive down some of the corruption, or say, switching to a less effective gov’t like Communism.
                        "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Working...
                        X