civ3 has somehow become psychic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civ3 has somehow become psychic

This is really weird. I've modded PtW so that it has, among other things, Modern Infantry and Special Forces. This works fine, with Modern Infantry having the Infantry graphics and Special Forces having the Guerilla graphics. However, today I decided to change the Special Forces to the Infantry graphics (because it looks cooler) and I discovered that in the Art/Units folder I had no folder for Modern Infantry and Special Forces! I checked both the Civ3 directory and the PtW subdirectory. This shocked me, because I remember before having to create those and move the animation files in for civ3 to work. Somehow, Civ3 has guessed - correctly - what these units were supposed to look like. How?

You drink too much...

No, seriously, maybe you're looking in the wrong subfolder? Like civ3's instead of ptw's? Happens to me often...

Comment

I ran a search on my entire C drive. The only files that even CONTAINED the words "Modern Infantry" in their filenames were in the X-COM scenario folder in C:\unzipped.

Comment

Maybe there are some kind of auto-creation/uncreation with C3C? After working more than 5 years with computers, nothing surprises me anymore... Sorry, mate, unless there are some new automatic, I don't know. I can check if I encounter the same problem myself as I have to start some modding myself soon.

Comment

It's not a problem... it's just I was really surprised, and it's slightly disturbing.

Comment

Can you copy graphics and make new units with them?
            I had no Idea. I did however mod the paratrooper so that they were renamed special forces and made them a mix of a marine and paratrooper and made them a lot tougher. I canged the gorila to a terrorist they worked kinda like a cruis missle.
            Absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

When you make a new unit, you have to (at least, you used to have to) create a folder in the Art/Units folder called "WhateverTheNameOfThisUnitIs", with a file called "WhateverTheNameOfThisUnitIs.ini" and some .flcs.

Comment

Good morning, Dave.

Comment

Working...
                X