New Resourse -- Fish Mining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Resourse -- Fish Mining

Here's a screenshot from the Mesopetamia Conquest. I was the Sumerians and I had cleared a Wetland that had a fish bonus. I was then able to mine it.

Must be that new 'Agricultural' trait that lets the Sumerians mine fish!!!

Now, if I could just RailRoad it!!!!!
    "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

listen sonny, i been workin the fish mines for forty years! don't go actin like this is some new fangled thing. it's all sweat, blood, and a horrible, horrible smell where i come from! let me tell you...
    it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

yeah, in mesopotamia fish swim in the marsh. when i first played it, i wondered if it was going to be in the normal game, but alas, it is not.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

fish still occur in marshes in the epic game...

i just cleared one such square, but i'm going to resist the urge to mine it
        it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

really? i've never seen that
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

Yes, if you check the standard rules (which I did since I wanted to mod things here and there), you see that marsh tiles in the game can have oil, game, rubber as well as fish on them. I personally have not seen the fish tile in my subsequent games, but I know it is a possibility.
            Every man should have a college education in order to show him how little the thing is really worth.

Comment

yeah, i checked the editor, and it lists fish... but i generated 10 huge maps warm and wet, and didnt see any fish. odd.

Comment

In my epic game there was a Jungle tile that had a banana (tropical fruit) on it, and a few turns later it turned into a grassland tile with a banana on it. Unless I mysteriously cleared the jungle and somehow the banana decided to stay I don't see how that happened. There wasn't an oppurtunity for global warming to effect it either.
                However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

See The Amazing Mayan Banana Mines

Yes, I too have mined bananas. In fact, These bananas are fortified w/ vitamins and IRON (or at least barbed wire)

I didn't want the enemy to steal any of my resources!!!

I suppose that Banana Mines wouldn't be quite as smelly as Fish Mines. (At least they'd smell 'fruity')
                  "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

i spose that you could go and irrigate a square with uranium to contaminate your entire irrigation network, maybe that's what that cure for cancer wonder is for
                    daddy daddy, look i'm playing american facist and i'm nuking babylon

Comment

Mining fish
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

In Civ2 you could mine wine, and it even made a rhyme

Comment

You can in civ3
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

You could always mine Horses, or Wheat... But I never thought of it in this way until now.

Great thread - we need these every now and again. I would rate it 10/10 if the rating system was still in place.
                            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I like mining Game.

Comment

Working...
                              X