Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding a unit which has produced a MGL

Another bug or irritation.

A stack of elite tanks, 1 of which has produced a MGL.
    Try to find that one - no asterisk against it.

Necessary to look at each one individually to find it.

PS sorry about repeating the "no railroads to captured cities"

After posting I found several other posts about the same issue

I rename them so it is easy to spot them. I add a number that is the current count of MGL's. So if a sword makes the first leade, it is named Swordsman1. Then Swordsman2 or Horsemen2 or whatever it turns out to be. Now I know ho many I have made and which ones did it. Should I get one updraged and it makes another leader, then it could be Horse2_Knight6 or some such.

Comment

The unit will have an astericks on it in the current active unit box, lower right hand corner, when you click on it. Note, this will not show up when you right click on a stack and get the list of units in the square. Only when the unit appears in the current active unit box.
      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Yeah swissy, that´s exactly what he wrote? :|

Comment

I name my leader units: Leader 1, Leader 2 etc to keep track out of how many I've gained throughout the game. I try to keep the last number alive so as not to lose count

Comment

I always rename the unit in reference to the City nearby when it produced the leader, and use numbering to denote the type of unit and MGL created. e.g. 1st Legion of Londinium, 2nd Cav of Brundisium, 3rd MI of Berlin, and 4th Volunteers of Memphis (since guerillas just sounds wrong)
            ---- "What gunpowder did for war, Blake has done for the AI" - Diadem ----

Comment

I tend to rename the unit after the leader it produces - so a cavalry might become "*****'s Sabres". What is annoying me is that the rename unit box seems to pop up right over the battle report so I can't see the name of the newly created leader.
              Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Originally posted by CerberusIV
                I tend to rename the unit after the leader it produces -
                This is what I do, too. Great thing was playing with the Maya and seeing "Eighteen Rabbit" generated. So I had a Swordsman named "Eighteen Rabbit". The Maya have funky leader names.

What is annoying me is that the rename unit box seems to pop up right over the battle report so I can't see the name of the newly created leader.
                Bugs me, too. But you can always shut the rename window, check the leader's name, and then select the elite unit and click the rename unit button.
                "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

What exactly does the asterisked units mean? Do these MGL spawners have a bonus?

Comment

Originally posted by Anun Ik Oba
                    What exactly does the asterisked units mean? Do these MGL spawners have a bonus?
                    No bonus. The only difference is that an asterisked unit cannot spawn any more MGLs.
                    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Anun Ik Oba
                      the asterix just means that the elite unit can't spawn anymore leaders, no bonus or anything to the unit itself.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                        I rename them so it is easy to spot them. I add a number that is the current count of MGL's. So if a sword makes the first leade, it is named Swordsman1. Then Swordsman2 or Horsemen2 or whatever it turns out to be. Now I know ho many I have made and which ones did it. Should I get one updraged and it makes another leader, then it could be Horse2_Knight6 or some such.
                        This is more or less how I handle it, except for the upgrade. I rename the units "Victory 1”, “Victory 2”, etc. Impractically, but sentimentally, I do not upgrade them but retire them to an internal city as Honor Guard garrison once they become too outmoded for effective fighting.
                        "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

My purpose was mainly to see if how leaders were breaking down. IOW how many are from swords,horses and so on. So keeping their unit names was a way to track it. It was useless, but interesting.

Comment

Thanks for the replies

I'll now rename then, thanks for the tip.

Of course if they will upgrade to a more modern unit I'll do that also.

Usually I keep a few older elite units rather than upgrade them, just to try and get more MGL's.

Comment

Working...
                            X