What is LM [terrain] in C3C editor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is LM [terrain] in C3C editor?

I was looking in the editor and considering making a map of my own country. Suddenly I discovered you can add some terrain types named LM Mountains, LM Forest etc. They have some squares/ diamonds on them with "beams" through. I assume they are for use during creation of a map, but don't know what they're actually good for. Anyone knows?

The beams are an error that I've fixed.

The use of them is to create new terrains for use in your scenarios. In the Mesopotamia Conquest, for example, there is a LM Forest named the Cedars of Lebanon (oddly enough in Lebanon) that gives extra shields and gives extra commerce when roaded.

If you want, you can give them a different look than regular terrain of that type.
    Seemingly Benign
    Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Ive noticed that although there a 7 landmarks to be edited the editor that there is only 3 landmark terrains in the arts dir for conquests??

Why isn't their terrain landmarks for the others?? I was going to do a landmark say for plains with a canyon (extra defence) but canot now slightly edit the existing landmark graphics for it b/c its not there!

What must I do create a seperate gfx file for the others or what?
      ---------------------------------------------
      Pavlov Zangalis - Hero of the capture of Berlin RFDG.
      ---------------------------------------------

Comment

There are a lot of them.

You need to look at all of the lx*.pcx and lw*.pcx files too. To edit LM plains you will need to mod all lx*p*.pcx files (three files, IIRC).

The modded terrain must tile with all tiles that plains can tile with also (besides tiling with LM plains).
        Seemingly Benign
        Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Thanks WarpStorm! And now I learned that LM is landmark as well... Can bring some great uppertunities for a scenario this stuff...

Comment

Working...
          X