combining unit files unsucessful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• combining unit files unsucessful

I am trying to create a scenario with units from ..\Extras\Medieval Japan;..\Extras\Prehistoric;..\Extras\World War II;..\conquests\Napoleonic Europe..\..\civ3ptw\extras\Medieval Japan\;..\conquests\Sengoku.
    I think this is the proper 'scenario property' link.

I created a new folder in both conquests and scenarios folders.

I moved all apropriate pediaicon files (I basically merged all pediaicon files instead of going thru each pediaicon files to pull out the '#ANIMNAME_PRTO_' and '#ICON_PRTO_') by copy and paste. Is this o.k?

I then merged animate and sound folders in the same way.

Is there a limit to how many units to a scenario?

Every time I 'import' units so I can edit, my units are REPLACED rather than ADDED.

If this is too difficult to explain, would somebody be willing to create a scenario for me to include units from

1. Conquests 2. TETurkhan 3. Napoleonic Europe and
    4. Sengoku.?????

Then I could go into editor and use that scenario as a template if I want to delete units I do not want to use.

Mike98148

my goal for many unit scenario

My goal for many unit scenario is to have all units available, not necessarily use them all. I am proposing to have 5 to 10 special units for each civ. For example, civs in Asia (Korea, China, Japan, etc...) will have access to geographical specific units such as Samurai, Hwach'a, Rider, etc... while European geographical units such as Berzerk, Nordic swordsman, etc.. will be available for European units. This is more realistic due to mercenaries, stealing and capturing each other's technology and units as did happen.

Another way would be to exchange military technology ie. Berzerk exchange for Rider. Certain civs will be only able to exchange military technology with other specific civs. Anyway, if somebody is willing to construct such a scenario, I would buy it!

Mike98148

Comment

Re: combining unit files unsucessful

Originally posted by mike98148

Is there a limit to how many units to a scenario?
      I recall reading somewhere that it's 256 units. Don'y know for sure though.

Every time I 'import' units so I can edit, my units are REPLACED rather than ADDED.
      That's right, you have to add your units manually, not just import them

Comment

Thank you

Thank You. That gets me closer to figuring this out. Do you know what step I am missing? I have tried the different suggestions, now I am confussed.

I think starting with the default Conquest units would be best. Is that correct?

Then individually add each unit from the various scenarios that I am interested in.

Then I go into pediaicon files and copy each unit's info. Do I create my own pediaicon file or do I copy the default pediaicon file and put it into my scenario folder?

Comment

Re: Thank you

Originally posted by mike98148
          Thank You. That gets me closer to figuring this out. Do you know what step I am missing? I have tried the different suggestions, now I am confussed.

I think starting with the default Conquest units would be best. Is that correct?

Then individually add each unit from the various scenarios that I am interested in.
          That's right. Trying to import will just ovewrite anything that's already there. You have to add them yourself.

Then I go into pediaicon files and copy each unit's info. Do I create my own pediaicon file or do I copy the default pediaicon file and put it into my scenario folder?
          Just use the default pediaicons file. You'll find the entries for the unit animations at the bottom of the file, just have a look at what they've done with the default units.

The only thing you thing you need to do is add a PRTO_Your_Unit entry in the appropriate place in the editor, then add the ANIMNAME... entry in the pediaicons file that corresponds to that. Check out the file an you'll see what I'm talking about. That's all there is to it, quite easy once you get it figured out.

Comment

Thanks Willam

Thanks Willam! As much time I have invested with this, when I do get it right, I think I will be pretty knowledgable with the editor. It can get nerve racking, but hopefully it will pay off. When I am done, it will be pretty cool.

I am using a bunch of bombardment units - light catapult (15 shields) no advancement needed. Heavy Catault (standard catapult- 25 shields) and seige crossbow(30 shields rate of fire 2) with mathmatics advancement. Grand battery from Napoleon scen., fire cannon, trebouchet, etc.. Each civ will have 5 to 10 special units depending on which geographic they are from.

I might incorporate some raptors running around starting mischief - if it will work.

Anyway, I'll get back to designing Hopefully, I'll get it to work now. Thanks Willam

Comment

Working...
            X