Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standardized City Queues?

So, I've been wondering for awhile now:

Is there a way to standardize city queues, so that each new city has the same line up, without having to go in and set it up each time? I'm guessing there has to be an easier way, but I just can't find it...

Queue pre-setting?

I think that the reason that you cannot find it is that it's not there. I don't know of any way to set up queues other than by hand.

I suppose one could put one's faith in one's city governor: no setting up queues, but you'd wind up with a lot of longbows and ironclads.
    "It might be a good idea." -- Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western Civilization.

Comment

Well, there is a way to 'save' a queue that you have set up so that you can 'load' it later in another city...don't have the hot-keys off the top of my head, but I'm sure someone here can remember...

Comment

this was a great feature in Civ2, it's too bad they didn't keep it

Comment

Thanks for the help, guys! I'm really surprised by this one...love the queue feature, but there comes a time in every game where you have another burst of expansion, and just don't want to deal with setting up each queue, especially if they're the same! LOL

Now, I just have to find a comprehensive hotkey list...LOL

Yeah, those city governors...great for population control, but terrible for production management...

Comment

yeah...LOL
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by neonext
              this was a great feature in Civ2, it's too bad they didn't keep it
              There was a save build queue option in Civ2?

There definately is a way to save your queues in Civ3. Something to do with pressing shift-Q or shift-S in the build screen? Does anyone remember for sure?
              signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

as per Civ3 manual, pg. 225,
                "Load Production Queue Q"
                "Save Production Queue Shift-Q"

Now, I don't know if these features still/ever worked, but it's in there.
                "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Maybe someone should try if they do work...

Comment

One problem with this (even if it works) is a problem inherent in the basic game design. - Some things, (like Hospitals) require a certain pop to start building. (e.g. 7) - So if you have a hospital in your que, or it's the next thing you want to build, and your pop is only 5 you're out of luck, even though the city pop will be above 7 before it completes.

Another problem is the 'x requires y' - If a bank requires a marketplace, the game will not allow you to que up both a marketplace followed by the bank,.... the bank must be completed first before it can be placed in the que list.
                    ---- "What gunpowder did for war, Blake has done for the AI" - Diadem ----

Comment

Originally posted by steven8r
                      as per Civ3 manual, pg. 225,
                      "Load Production Queue Q"
                      "Save Production Queue Shift-Q"

Now, I don't know if these features still/ever worked, but it's in there.
                      Yes, it does work, I use it all the time. At the begining of the game you can have quite a long que, but like others have said it does not let you add something that has a required precursor that's in the que. Can't do temple, cathedrial. But can do temple, library.
                      I have no living enemies!
                      Tim

Comment

Thanks, Guys! D'y'know, I had my manual all dog-eared for awhile, but after awhile, there's so many dog-ears, you don't know where to look for what you need...

First, we lost the tech tree poster, then we don['t get a comprehensive hot key/keyboard command list...

Why, if this wasn't the best game in the world, I'd quit altogether! LOL

Comment

Re: Standardized City Queues?

Originally posted by Jackanape
                          So, I've been wondering for awhile now:

Is there a way to standardize city queues, so that each new city has the same line up, without having to go in and set it up each time? I'm guessing there has to be an easier way, but I just can't find it...
                          Yes there is. Just set up the queue the way you want it then press Shift-Q. That will save that particular setup so that all you have to afterwards is hit Q when you enter the build list. The one you've saved will automatically insert itself. Unfortunately, you can only save one list.

PS I guess I should have finished reading the thread, your question was already answered I see.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackanape

First, we lost the tech tree poster, then we don['t get a comprehensive hot key/keyboard command list...
                            Well, here's a link to a tech tree (thanks to Kuratko for all his hard work).
                            http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=101276
                            (this is pretty cool)

Now, if someone would just do a list of keyboard commands/shortcuts..... (any volunteers???) Or perhaps they already have and I just haven't found it yet.
                            "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

There is a keyboard reference plus much more at the Civ Fanatics Reference page

Comment

Working...
                              X