Disappointed in Fascism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappointed in Fascism

Well... I thought I'd experiment with govt types and go to war under fascism. I switched govts (I'm not religious so it took forever) only to find out that I had LESS money coming in, even with free support for my very large military. Then I noticed that my juiciest towns lost 2-5 pop points. I thought they were only to lose one pop point at the switch?

It was cheaper to run under demo, with police station maintenance charges and 10-30% lux slider than it was to switch to fascism. I'm not sure how long a demo war could last before they all rioted, but the "enemy" only has about 20 cities on my continent so I should be able to eliminate them before it gets "really" bad.

Has anyone found a use for fascism? Perhaps if I was religious? But losing so much pop each switch? Crazy.
    If pigs could fly we'd all have to wear helmets.
    Please don't be envious of my little girlie brain.

Im not sure exactly what you expected .. Fascism to give you a stronger economy ??

Although Ive not used it before, and so can't really comment on its usefulness, it would seem logical that a fascist govt, isn't going to be as strong economically as Democracy.

Why not build up a huge army, and then declare war on your local Democracy (if any have got that far), and see them go into turmoil, while you continue to fight, without civil disorder after 20 turns.
    "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

Re: Disappointed in Fascism

Originally posted by mimi Then I noticed that my juiciest towns lost 2-5 pop points. I thought they were only to lose one pop point at the switch?
      When switching to Fascism you will loose population depending on your city size: 1 in towns, 2 in cities and 3 in metropolises.

Comment

Originally posted by The Viceroy
        Im not sure exactly what you expected .. Fascism to give you a stronger economy ??
        No, not really, I'm just not sure what the point of this govt type is if it's cheaper and easier to keep demo and stay at war than it is to switch to a "wartime' govt like fascism?

Comment

The war time govts are for when WW makes it too dificult to keep the peaceful govtment.
          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I'm more disappointed in Feudalism. What's THAT gov all about?

Comment

If you are in trouble only just manage to drag yourself into the middle ages, thats when feudalism comes into play. If you have had a tough early game you may not have got your hands on one of the other expensive optional research govs, but you have to research feudalism anyway. Pop rushing gives you plenty of quick improvements, and you want to keep your city sizes low for the extra free unit maintainance. If you have to keep a large military, you can before your citys are fully developed. A good gov for the AI?

I dont see feudalism being something you were in game after game, but it is something very useful if youre in a tough position.

I see fascism as being another niche gov and it isnt appropriate for every game. Get stuck in a highly destructive long term war and you will be glad you got it. If youre top dog anyway, you probably wont need it.
              Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by Anun Ik Oba
                Yeah, I think it comes too late to be useful. I always have either monarchy or republic long before feudalism and both are better. Feudalism seems like such a backward govt that it should switch places with republic on the tech tree.

{edit a typo}

Comment

Originally posted by Anun Ik Oba
                  I haven't been in a position where it would be usefull (yet), but from the looks of it, Feudalism is aimed at empires that had slow early growth and need to expand through force.

Mimi: I agree that Feudalism comes too late, I think it's functions should be switched with that of Monarchy.

I think that some more work needs to be done balancing the early gov'ts. Unless you're really stuck, Feudalism comes too late to be usefull, and Republic is almost always a better choice than Monarchy.
                  Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                  I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Feudalism looks like it could also be of use to jungle-choked AI.

Comment

You know Snotty, that's what me and a friend were discussing. It really is a life-saver if you are behind.

I just thought that it would be more of an in-betweener, falling somewhere between Monarchy and Democracy.

Comment

Working...
                      X