Secret Police HQ after Communism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret Police HQ after Communism?

What happens to the Secret Police HQ if you switch governments from communism? Does it continue working, remain without function, or blow up?

I'd like to see it blow up. That would be cool.

I haven't built it yet and I don't know for sure, but it probably just sits there. I don't think that it produces any culture, so if you're no longer in Communism, it just acts as an extra 'Artillery Target' for an attacking civ--in essense, I guess it 'would' blow up.
    "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

According to the big corruption thread after you switch governments it still works normally... I really should have built one in my current game, as my communist island went from losing 7 shields (out of 25) to corruption under communism to losing 23 shields under democracy. What a crock.

Comment

actually, it still works after you switch. Though it shouldn't.
        Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Thanks guys... good to know. I agree it should cease to work if you change governments however I fully intend to take advantage of this exploit in my current game!

Comment

Yes it still works, though as mentioned it shouldn't. That was supposed to have been fixed a long, long time ago, I don't understand why it hasn't been. It's just going to end up being a cheap exploit, especially for Religious civs. Just switch to Communism and start construction of the Headquarters, then switch back to Democracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Aneurism
              Thanks guys... good to know. I agree it should cease to work if you change governments however I fully intend to take advantage of this exploit in my current game!
              Since under the current (buggy-as-all-hell) corruption regime it most likely hurts your empire by effecticely increasing overall corruption, this might better be characterized as an AI exploit against the human player .

Catt

Comment

the funny thing is, the HQ ''bugged'' under Communism bringing some more corruption ( only slightly, but still the contrary of what intended ), well this same wonder now acts as the real third Palace when switched to Democracy. Considering things right now, there will be no bug if the Civilopedia said: ''must be built only upon Communism, but shall act as a ''third'' palace ONLY under a representative government. Since it's a secret HQ, not visible on your 3D city screen like other C3C improvements!!!
                The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Working...
                  X