Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you add terraforming actions

Hi,
    I'm a newbie here, and couldn't find an answer to my question when I searched.

I was wondering if you could add a worker action to terraform, so you can change tundra to deserts, deserts to plains, etc like in civ 2. I'm assuming it would be similar to the clear wetland worker action, but I cant figure out how to add it.

By the way, I have conquests installed, so I have (I assume) the newest editor.

Thanks,
    Steve

No. at least not as far as I know.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

No, you definitely can't. I'm glad too, I thought that was a silly feature in Civ 2. At least with certain terrains. It was a bit ridiculous making a Hill from Grassland IMO.

Comment

You just need big shovels. It was quite interesting when you could turn the poles into grassland (but it fequired many engineers )

But I'm glad it aith a default in Civ3. however, I think that the editor should allow moding of worker actions.
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos

But I'm glad it aith a default in Civ3. however, I think that the editor should allow moding of worker actions.
          I could see turning Plains into Grassland and Desert into Plains, but that's about it. And es, the editor is rather limited for Worker actions isn't it? The ones available now don't even seem to work right, or they crash the game.

Comment

Just becuase something doesn't make perfect sense......

Ok, scenario: Fantasy: Druids that can 'manipulate the terrain'
            scenario: Late Future: Terreforming... People come to the planet, covered in Ice and Water, and Terreform it into a habitable planet..
            Scenario: Dungeon: Dwarven tunnelers should be able to create dwarven tunnels, goblins, make goblin tunnels, drow make drow tunnels...

The ability should be available even if its not used by the original programmers at its full extent.
            EFR RPG GAME Designer, E.F.R. Forums The Coyn: Fantasy Mod for Civ3:Conquests

Comment

Working...
            X