Problem with Pop-up displays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Pop-up displays

Has anyone else had a problem with the pop-ups not displaying properly? I'm playing Conquests. Note the first screen shot which is at the start of the game. I get a white background with black stripes on the pop-up describing my start situation. Then the second screen shows that the basic game display is okay.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

AMD 2100+
    GeForce FX 5200 Ultra 128 MB

Edit: Removed second pic to be able to upload the file.
    Attached Files

Hmm, I wonder if this is a DirectX 9.0 issue? I reinstalled Win XP with all updates excluding directx. I then installed PtW and ran it fine. After I checked out PtW I installed Conq. and said yes when it asked if I wanted to install DX (why oh why did I say yes?). Of course Conquerors still runs as above, but now PtW is funky too.

Has anyone else run into this problem? I've noticed it occasionally on other games that "require" directx 9.x. I'd reinstall Windows again to check how Conquerors runs without Dx 9, but it's such a hassle.

Also, anyone reading this or am I having a one way conversation?

Comment

Judging from what you said, it surely seems to be related to DirectX. Can't you just uninstall and then reinstall the game (Civ3 and C3C)? It might help to solve the problem.
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
      X