MarkG's Conquests Diary: Day 4 - Rise of Rome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 4

Driven by my easy warlord-level win on the Mesopotamia scenario i continued on my fourth day with Civ3 Conquests playing the Rise of Rome scenario on Regent.

For obvious reasons i chose Alexander and the Macedonians rather than Rome, attempting to turn the title to "Fall of Rome"

I was glad to see for the first time a scenario for civ3 with cities(on the Mesopotamia scen you start with a couple of settlers) "Just like civ2!", i thought

Special stuff in this scenario:
    - Olive Oil and Silver resources. Oops i just found a "graphic bug"(see screenshot #3) in the resources page of the civilopedia(look up the details on any resource and let me know what you see)
    - Alexander: basically an army unit(nice change: units inside an army are shown with grey italics on the right-click menu(screenshot #4)

Nice little AI moves: After loosing a city, the AI decided to cut off the road to the next city (screenshot #7)

I havent finished the scenario in a single day as i seem to have goten into a long battle of my Hoplites(3.3.1) against the Persian Immortals(4.2.1). The outcome on the next entry of this diary...

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge
    Last edited by MarkG; November 25, 2003, 19:59.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
      correction

Turnless mode seems to be gone from C3C.

Turnless was removed due to lack of interest in playing the MP mode and because Simultaneous is so similar. The public beta vote totals were 70% simultaneous, 15% PBEM, 15% Hotseat, & 0% for both Turnless and Turn-based.

Comment

Oh good. One last opportunity for me to say that turnless sucked. Sorry if I offend Jesse, but it did.

On the bright side, I'm glad you focused on the modes that do justice to Civ.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Quote from the Rise of Rome intro Markos has posted:

Hail Alexander, leader of the Commercial, Industrious and Seafaring Macedonians.
          So now civilizations can have more than two traits ??!! Wow!
          "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
          --George Bernard Shaw
          A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
          --Woody Allen

Comment

You could give civs 3 traits pre C3C.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

You could? Well, obviously I didn't mess to much with the editor
              "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
              --George Bernard Shaw
              A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
              --Woody Allen

Comment

You could always give civs every trait if you wanted to.
                Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Lord knows, I did.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

And even with just using two traights, you can give everybody the same two traights.

(Like all the barb civs are Industrious & Militerestic in Fall of Rome)
                    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                    Templar Science Minister
                    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

In RoR I went after Persia instead of Rome. It's closer and easier

Comment

Working...
                      X