research and culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• research and culture

I just won my first game through a diplomatice victory setting of regent. I did this in about 2048. I controlled almost double the amount of land and cities as my next nearest competitor but I was always very slow with research there was no way that I could of done the space ship. I always had a setting of atleast 70% for the research.

Also I was oozing culture but never was able to culturaly convert a city. size 12 Berlin was about 3 squares a way from a greek city size 2 in a swamp, berlin had about 4 wonders in it and every improvement possible up until berlin was about size 20 and that swamp city never came over to warmth of airconditiong and mosquito netting.

Anyhelp with there two problems would be apreciated. I am also playing using conquests. Guess alot of these qustions would could be answered by a comprehensive strat guide is there one out three.

Wow - those are a couple of really big questions that could be debated / discussed in a bunch of threads. I sggest you take a look at Theseus' "Must Read" thread in the Strategy Forum which contains links to a large number of very useful threads on a number of topics (including how culture flipping works and how research tactics can be improved).

The thread is found HERE.

Catt

Comment

thanks acutall a link like that was kind of what I was looking for.

Comment

One word of warning -- some of those threads are almost two years old now, and certain things may have changed from patch to patch and from the changes from vanilla to PTW to C3C -- just remember that certain points / tactics / facts may have become "obsoleted" by newer versions of the game.

Catt

Comment

yeah I figured that here is one last ? I noticed for bugs relating to conquests one is in regards to GPT payments what exactly is gpt?

Comment

gpt = gold per turn, a trading option. For instance you can trade knowledge of a technology to an AI civ in exchange for a certain amount of gpt. GPT deals last 20 turns unless disrupted by war.

Catt

Comment

Working...
            X