Expereince with C3C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expereince with C3C

well, I am currently playing my first SP game since Civ3 first came out (ok, I played SP Civ3 off and on for a few months)

I am the vikings (playing on monarch)

I started out doing poorly, than took out spain so am now first in a number of things (like population)

I am about to take out england

the curragh's were very nice giving me (Tech) trading partners that no one else had (wouldn't be the same with human players)

there is no iron on my continent, so archers and catupults have been dominant (I just learned gunpowder btw)

I am assuming the berserks will be dominant next

I like the fact that there is now the bombards between catulpults and cannon, but it makes offense for me easier

somehow, even with two techs learned at the slowest rate, I am still ahead in tech (but I wasn't for a while)

I ahven't built any of the new world wonders, so I don't know much of how those work

madrid had 2 world wonders, and now makes a huge ammount of trade for me (more than 5 cities in my core combined), I don't know if this is new or not, but with some of the wonders I think I would rather have trade in many cases (like it makes more than 5 of my other cities even with losing 15 to corruption (and it has a courthouse))

I am looking forward to trying out the new modern era, but am hesitant to proced further becaues of the corruption bug (I would normally ahve built a FP much earlier than now, and actually it would still be a good thing to bild it in madrid (no matter what), but I woudl sort liek to wait until that is fixed)

I bought the game to play multiplayer (The way I prefer to play games), but have not tried tha aspect out yet (As my freinds have been busy with other things recently (girlfriend and Fifa2004))

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Thanks for sharing, Jon. Would anyone else like to share their experience with C3C?

Comment

I would like to say that I really like seafaring and a lot of the new ancient changes

but the AI might not be able to handle it (I am sure that the reason I am up in techs is because I could trade more than anyone else, I am up like 8 techs on england (they are towards the end of the ancient age))

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Jon,

The increased 'Trade' that you're experiencing from Madrid's Wonders is the new 'Tourist Attraction' that's been added to the game.

After 1000 years, certain Wonders become 'Tourist Attractions' bringing-in more money. They bring-in even more money after even more years. (That's a pretty cool addition IMHO)
        "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

it is huge

like Madrid easily makes up a good portion of my wealth

and yuo get the benifits even after you have captured it

personally right now i am waiting until the patch comes

Jon miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by bfg9000
            Thanks for sharing, Jon. Would anyone else like to share their experience with C3C?
            Well, I WOULD 'cept I get in trouble...

[how 'bout that agri trait??]
            If pigs could fly we'd all have to wear helmets.
            Please don't be envious of my little girlie brain.

Comment

Working...
            X