Cartography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cartography

Is that normal if I can't anymore trade maps with the other civs as soon as I get cartography ?

... or is it a bug ?
    M. le Comte

Now you need Navigation for map trading (and Printing Press for communication trading).

Comment

Thank you very much.

I was about to loose my nerves against these b l o o d y publishers who keep releasing bugged games because what is important for them is money and because they don't mind about consumers because they are sure we are going to buy their ***** products because we are enjailed consumers because of advertisings because...
      M. le Comte

Comment

However Firaxis hasn't impoved the civilopedia.

That's not a big deal.
        M. le Comte

Comment

Out of interest, M. le Comte, what "improvements" were you hoping for?
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I believe he wanted to say that the Civilopedia wasn't "updated" with the new info about Map Making and map trading.
            "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
            --George Bernard Shaw
            A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
            --Woody Allen

Comment

How come the French get to have 'map making' called Cartography? I can't help but feel... dumbed down.
              A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Would you release a game in the US whereby the players are required to have ever heard of cartography...
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                  Would you release a game in the US whereby the players are required to have ever heard of cartography...

how true.

Comment

Well if they had played Heroes of MM they would know what it was. We would not expect them to learn it in school or read or anything.

Comment

I learned the word, 'Cartography' long ago--perhaps 2nd or 3rd grade. (Of course, I managed to get a fairly good education in spite of the American school system)

I like the name Cartography. I think I'll change it in the editor.
                      "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

How fast does a cartograph go anyway?
                        If pigs could fly we'd all have to wear helmets.
                        Please don't be envious of my little girlie brain.

Comment

Hence why it's called map making in usa
                          Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

I'm definitely going to change the name of Map Making to Cartography. It sounds much more formal.
                            However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Originally posted by alva

But a Trebuchet is acceptable? (or however you spell it (chuckle))

I'm with you all, next time I open the editor, I'm switching it to Cartography hehe

Kevin
                              ---- "What gunpowder did for war, Blake has done for the AI" - Diadem ----

Comment

Working...
                              X