Am I the only lowly person to ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only lowly person to ...

Am I the only lowly person here to play the 3 intro scenarios?

I never see anything about them here.

I am still trying to win them.

They must be too easy for most people (except me,) else we would be hearing about them.

At any rate, if anyone has played them, what do you think? How long did it take you to win each of them?

sboog

I'm with you, sboog. I played the three scenarios, although I confess to giving up halfway through the third ('locked alliance') game.

I played them on warlord level and they pretty easy. 3 sisters did not take long at all. I just concentrated on sending veteran javelin chuckers with the offering, and defended the three volcanoes with ease. I think I only built 3 or 4 cities in the end, but won easily. Don't know what it is like at higher difficulty levels.

Comment

Thanks, slum, for responding.

The three sisters is kind of fun. I love the volcanoes.

I, too, am playing on Warlord level.

Have spent most of my time on the first and second and not the third scenario.

Hope others will give us their opinions/ tips/ comments.

sboog

Comment

I played all 3. The first one is very basic. That's the one where you hold the obelisk VP locations I believe. That's just a matter of very fast exploration and building enough cities to maintain your army.

The second one is 3 sisters. That involves carrying you sacrifice to the volcano. I also like performing ritual sacrifices in one of my cities (after building sacrificial alter). Nice touch. I did very well with javelin throwers as my uu. The first sacrifice I loaded up on a spearmen. That took too long. The others I put on my javelin thrower.

The only civ to really challenge me in that game was the Aztecs. This was on a low difficulty level, but at a few points they had a higher score than me. And they attacked me as well. They expanded really fast. I also had another civ attack me on the other side of the map.

That was a pretty fun scenario.

I do recommend the third one if you like warfare. You start off dead even with every other civ. It take a little while to build up before you can successfully take any cities. Your first priority should be to connect iron.

The only bad thing (slight spoiler here- but not really) is the ai always put their King in their capitol. The first civ I took 2 other cities (actually burned them to the ground- they would have been too much of a pain to hold) before I took their capitol. Taking their capitol (with the King inside) resulted in every other city from the same civ being destroyed. Almost overpowering because you don't have to worry about retaliation.

Then I just took a couple of armies, many bombard units, and my knight uu (I was the germans), and blew past other cities straight for the capitol of the other oppossing civ. Although I really didn't bypass much as I came from the north, so I almost had a straight run to their capitol. parked them on rough terrain, bombarded, and then took their capitol.

But I do like the even starting cities and units. Tactics are important at the beginning of this scenario.

Comment

Dissident, thanks for your great response.

I am still trying to win the 2nd scenario. It is taking forever.

Have not really done much with the 3rd, but it sounds like a lot of warfare.

I think these three intro scenarios are important, and I would welcome more discussion about them.

sboog

Comment

i gave up on the first two, but i loved the third scenario. teutonic knight armies let me beat the scenario with around eight turns left.

what bugged me, however, was that while the intro text tells you to share tech with your locked alliance partner - which is blindingly obvious (it's not like they can stab you in the back) - the ai WILL NOT hook the player up. kinda sucks.
            it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

Working...
            X