Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does modmaker tuorial still hold for conquests>?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does modmaker tuorial still hold for conquests>?

I. a total idiot when it comes to this stuff, was able to alter the teturkhan mod and figue out a few things about monkeying with units, etc, from within that mod. moved some folders, somehow got it working.

now with conquests i dream of my ultimate mod, including a large chunk of all the unit animations found in ptw as well as conquests.

does the advice from the excellent modmakers tutorial hold for conquest? i was able to do what i did from a vantage of ignorance, and within the file system of teturkhan.
    "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Mostly it does. How to add units, etc. is virtually the same.
    Seemingly Benign
    Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

so i still need the copy tool?
      "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

Not to add units. But you may still use the copy tool.

But IIRC the guide is designed for both the CT and the hacked editor. And nowadays a norma editor works just as good as the hacked one.
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

thanks, but ok, uh....

what i've done is made my initial mod, named it "'big". then i went through all the folders for conquests, for teturkhan, and any extras included with ptw, copied the units files there, placed them in a folder named "big".

questins

1. where do i place that folder?

2. do i have to mess with civilopedia just to get it going?

3. what else am i missing here?

4. if i nix the parts in modmakers tutorial about the copy tool, do i still have to mess with writing anything?

5. what am i missing out on here?

is there another source i should be looking at for tips? if so where?

thanks for the help

i like ibble blibble

Comment

oh yeah, and why is my angry drone avatar not appearing on this forum? heehee

i like ibble blibble

Comment

oh, there it is. yeah!

i like ibble blibble

Comment

Working...
              X