No announcement yet.

Has C3C revitalized civ for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was a kid with my 1K ZX81, I used to dream of having a TRS-80, complete with floppy disk drives and playing those long, rambling text adventures I saw advertised in the magazines.

(years later I ended up supporting obselete TRS-80's while working for Tandy - in an era when a 5MB hard drive would cost about £300.)

Oh, back on topic : It hasn't been released yet in my country, but seeing the effect its release has had on the democracy games, it must be good.

Comment

Not really, but it was nice.... However, I'm not voting the first as I couldn't have lived without an additional Expansion. I would, however, have still been playing civ no matter what...
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

*bump*

now that conquests has been out for some time, i think it is time to revitalize this thread...

although the poll options are horribly designed , at least this thread can be used to discuss the subject.

so, did c3c revitalized civ for you?
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

well, they aren't that bad..

but, conquests has certainly revitalized civ3 for me. I can't exactly say why...it just has.

I especially like the lethal bombard, even though that could have always been modded in.
          While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

I don't know if revitalized is the right word. I never stopped enjoying playing. I've been playing C3C for over 6 months and still enjoy it.
            Seemingly Benign
            Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Conquests totally revitalized it for me. I was ZERO SUM on playing C3 at all. None.. nada.. nill.

Now its better, and I'm enjoying it, despite the current broken stuff.

Comment

I have the "just one more turn" feeling come back. That should say it all.

Comment

You bet it did. So many interesting additions like my beloved SoZ, compensating for the paucity of badly needed resources (that curiously afflicts the AI just as much!).

Before the game felt complete, but a little bit.... for lack of a better word I will call it bland. Now it feels more involving.
                  Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                  X