• Show
Clear All

• New bug discovered...???

Look at this picture:

=======
    Condition:
    Civ3 Conquest 1.0
    Epic Game
    Forbidden Palace have a new flag checked: +50% Tax Output for the city where it's built
    =======
    Since 50 turn, I received more money than I'm suppose to get each turn.

I've post this picture and this saved game.

Saves game:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CrONoS; November 16, 2003, 19:43.
    bleh

It's already been discovered. See the Bug fixes thread and official Bugs thread. The game counts international payments twice. This actually seems to benefit the AI quite a bit since they have tons of money now, at least the leading AI civs. Part of me don't want it fixed, but then again, I also accumate tons of money myself, which makes all sorts of play possible.

Have a nice day.

AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
    Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
    Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

Does the money get charged twice as well, or is gc created during the transactions?
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by dexters
        It's already been discovered. See the Bug fixes thread and official Bugs thread. The game counts international payments twice. This actually seems to benefit the AI quite a bit since they have tons of money now, at least the leading AI civs. Part of me don't want it fixed, but then again, I also accumate tons of money myself, which makes all sorts of play possible.

Have a nice day.

... Ok Thanx. Sorry for this post, I'll look a second times in the bug thread.

But why don't you want this fixed?
        ====

Thanks!
        bleh

Comment

I'm pretty sure money payouts (outbound) gets only deducted once.

Originally posted by cronos_qc

... Ok Thanx. Sorry for this post, I'll look a second times in the bug thread.

But why don't you want this fixed?
          ====

Thanks!
          I want it fixed. If you read my post carefully, you will see I was simply reflecting on the fact how AI seems to have a lot more cash floating around now because of this same bug, since they too get paid twice in their interenational dealings (at least we know now they do engage in large gpt deals since we never had a way of finding out for sure before)

That said, it needs to be fixed. But I'll miss the rich AIs.
          AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
          Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
          Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

The reason is that some find that any breaks that help the AI are good. The problem is that you can take advantage of it by making lots of GPT deals. Make all of your payment lump sum and now you can exploit the bug. The AI will still get it break form the other civs deals.

Comment

Working...
            X