Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maximum number of cities

Hi,

Quick question: Is there some kind of limut on the maximum number of cities a civilization can have?

If there is where can I find the number?

Can this be changed/avoided/augmented....

thx

There is a limit to the number of cities that can be in the game. IIRC it is 256. I don't think it can be changed. Take a look on the creation forum.

Comment

IIRC the number is 512 , and no it can't be changed unfortunately (btw there is a unit limit too, which I think, is 4096 )
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Hi again,

reason why I asked this question was that it seems that some of my settlers seem unable to build new cities. Those units simply can't be ordered to build with the 'b' character, nor is the build icon visible on the bottom of the screen.

Further investigation seems to indicate that all settlers that are on a piece of land within my civilizations zone of control suffer from this problem. Once they leave my zone of control and enter unconquered territory they are once again able to build.

I was just wondering if this was normal behaviour or if this is a bug.

thx,
        Kryptonneke

Comment

Hmmm,

You can't build a city:

- next to another one
          - on mountains, (vulcano's <--- new in the latest - and should hopefully be in the stores by now - expansion called Conquest )
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Hmmz,

I am not quite sure what kind of terrain I was on, but I am quite sure I was not on mountains. As far as I know I was in a jungle.

Nor was I immediately next to another city. There was at least 1 tile in between and probably even 2.

No, the only distinguising factor seemed to be whether I was in my own zone of control or not.

I don't have the game handy right now, so I can't do any more tests, but I will let you know if I can find out more about when it doens't work.

thx,
            Kryptonneke

Comment

Post the save too if you want

Comment

Are you playing a scenario you created? Could you have accidentally flagged jungle as not possible to build cities on in the editor?
                Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

I think the is a scenario that disallows cities in jungles. Otherwise if the land is a marsh you cannot build a city. You have to clear it first.

Comment

@vmxa, looking at his flag, I'd say he is Belgian and the nickname is very good proof he is, so I don't think this is a C3C question, but a PTW one.

Comment

It is 512 and no you can't change it. But if that was why you can't build anymore, you'd get a pop up saying "Too Many Cities".

Comment

Working...
                      X