Civ III Conquests Bonus CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ III Conquests Bonus CD

Does everyone else agree that the Civ III Conquests Bonus CD sucks? It has some nice downloads on it, which saves time if you have a dial-up connection, but the CD would have been better served with detailed descriptions and screenshots of the mods.

What do you guys think?

daufoi

Hmm, yeah, I agree, I mean they are making a bundle from this..., the price they are asking for this piece of cr*p is an absolutely ffing disgrace
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

LOL, alva.
      Seemingly Benign
      Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Comment

Pretty much everything on that CD is on the internet. They wouldn't be charging so little if it wasn't. Besides it's not about the price. It's a poor product. They could have done much better.

daufoi

Comment

Pretty much everything on that CD is on the internet.

1. not everyone actually has internet..
            2. of those who have, not all are on broadband, not sure if I would want to get all these files with a 56K modem ( what's more, I know in many US cities (perhaps everywhere) local phone calls are free, that's not exactly the case worldwide. I remember when I was on 56K and that was mucho expensive )
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

BTW, how much did it cost?

Comment

Nothing.

Comment

Why then have I seen several posts talking about the price of this?

Comment

Who knows, but it is like the CD that comes with game mags. I do not get upset if it has nothing on it I want. That is what I expect.
                    Actually just looking at the screenies in the guide on the free CD was worth something, since I got mine before I got the game.

Comment

Not quite the same though, mags that come with CD are more expensive then those that come without altough they will put 'FREE' on the cover.
                      But yeah, I don't know why people are unhappy with it, what do they expect? More new scenario's and units the C3C itself??

Comment

I have seen the CD sell for $9 on Amazon.com (although now they have discontinued it).

Furthermore, I don't I expect more scenarios or units, just explanations on the mods. Screenshots would be nice too. I just like to know what is going to be altered before I alter it. I guess this isn't a big deal cause I can just back everything up, but it would be nice because that way I don't have to go looking for the alterations (either through the forums or the game itself).

daufoi

Comment

Originally posted by daufoi
                          I have seen the CD sell for $9 on Amazon.com (although now they have discontinued it).
                          that was a price that amazon just showed due to their system of placing the bonus cd as a separate product from c3c
                          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I just recieved c3c game and Bonus CD as a gift. After browsing the Bonus CD, I think they misinterpreted the word 'Bonus' when they should have used, 'Bone the person whom purchases it.'

I contains several mods and patches that are all available via various websites. However, I guess it is nice to finally have all of those in one place.

I'm glad I have it. I'm sorry for the person whom purchased it.

/:EDIT That is, IF they actually purchased it. If it was a Freebie--which now I'm lead to believe, then it's OK. EDIT:/
                            Last edited by steven8r; November 18, 2003, 10:45.
                            "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

What bonus CD? I didn't get one. I purchsed mine at Best Buy.

Comment

Working...
                              X