No announcement yet.

Armies are now actually usefull!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Armies generate slaves? How about mixed unit Armies with at least one slave-capable unit?

Correct me if wrong, but Ancient Cavs are non-upgradeable, making them ideal candidates for Armies.

/me is TREMENDOUSLY happy with the two 2xHorse armies in his first epic game. Why only 2x? Because I'm playing Japan, silly Chinese and Indian fellas.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

You are correct, ancient cavs are not upgradeable. You are also correct, they make great armies. Stronger than Horsemen and you lose nothing, since they can't be Knight/Calv.

Comment

go with the ancient cavs, I've had both, and had the opportunity in current game, went with ancient cavs, kick ass.

oh, theseus, yes jav armies can enslave, I had one running around in a previous game, quite ferocious early on.

Comment

I've noticed they exert a ZOC and do damage to passing units. I never really used armies much before and I'm really enjoying them.

Comment

Does the computer generate armies now?
            "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
            "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Samurai Archer Armies (in Sengoku) cannot bombard. WTF?
              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
              X