No announcement yet.

Armies are now actually usefull!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make that 7.5/4.5/2 blitz for a 3-crusader Army and 48/32/4 for the 4-MA Army...

Ask Catt for details.

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
      Yeah and now that I'm placing my King units in armies with two "GhengisGuards" to protect them its much easier to keep all my Kings alive.
      hi ,

, king units should not be able to be put in an army , .....

that should be fixed

have a nice day
      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I love them. I wish the ai would use them though. I have yet to see them. But I am pretty good at taking out ai units that take mine out and become elite. So that's why I guess.

I'm glad military great leaders can't be used for wonders now. Although I have yet to get a scientific one .

Because I never really used armies before. And I could never build those small wonders that required your army win a battle. In a intro scenario I built the heroic epic. And got even more military leaders. .

Comment

Originally posted by alexman
          Make that 7.5/4.5/2 blitz for a 3-crusader Army and 48/32/4 for the 4-MA Army...

Ask Catt for details.
          Make that 7/4/2 - read the thread for details

( The figures are rounded down by the game )
          A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by panag

hi ,

, king units should not be able to be put in an army , .....

that should be fixed

have a nice day
            why not, they have offensive and defensive stats.

and kings have been to the battlefield before in history.

Comment

It may be historically accurate, but putting King units in armies sounds like an exploit to me.
              Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

but a VERY GOOD exploit

Comment

I don't know, I kind of like the choice you have to make: Do you waste your leader on an army you hope you never use, or do you turn him into an awesome offensive threat?

Comment

Alexman: Good point about the opportunity cost of protecting your king in an army. In an MP game where all players have the option it might be ok, but against the AI? IIRC, the AI tends to avoid attacking armies if it can.
                    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by zorbop
                      +1/6 to attack and deffence... and +1/4 with pentagon.
                      imagine, 4 elite MA in an army. it would be a 30/20/4 unit with 20 health and blitz.
                      Actually, the bonus is based on the sum of all attack strenghts in the army; thus, a 4 moderm armor army with military academy is 48/32/4.

In my current game I have 3 of these (and two tank armies) and boy do I love them.

EDIT: Per the other Amries Thread it is the Military Academy that grants the combat bonus.
                      Last edited by G'Kar; November 16, 2003, 12:04.
                      "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

Pentagon + Mil. Academy + 1 King + 3 Mech. Inf.

21/31/2

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel

why not, they have offensive and defensive stats.

and kings have been to the battlefield before in history.

hi ,

yeah thats true , but in the game they should not be able to load in an army , ......

its way to easy then , and way to hard to get rid of that bugger , ......

have a nice day
                          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth
                            They've gone from "nice to have, but not essential" to "must have, as many as possible".

Have the odds of generating a military GL been tweaked? I seem to have an awful lot of leaders in my current game, it may just be good luck with the RNG but I don't think I've ever had 5 leaders before 1000 AD before.
                            I think so. Out of the 3 epic games I've played so far I have had 2 GL's generated in the ancient age. Although my 3rd and current game has yet to see any GL's.
                            signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

I just got a GL and used him to build an army. That Army is currently empty, but I plan on populating it as soon as I get back to the game.

The real question now is whether to populate with Javelin Throwers (I'm playing the Myans) or Ancient Cavalry????
                              /EDIT: I also built the Temple of Zues--just in case that needed clarification. :EDIT/

Perhaps that would be a question best answered by building 1 Army of each and comparing them. Oh Abe, you WILL give me some techs, oh yes you will. Muhahaha.
                              Last edited by steven8r; November 17, 2003, 15:01.
                              "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Steven8r: I'd go with the Ancient cav. 4/3/3 vs 3/3/2 for a Javelin army. Keep your Javelineers for mop-up and slaving.

Comment

Working...
                                X