Can't make tutorial mode work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't make tutorial mode work

Since Firaxis "strongly recommends" playing the 3 simple Conquests before trying the 9 new ones, I thought I would. I find the first one a little hard to figure out. Given that, I turned on Tutorial in Preferences. But no tutorial turned up. So I tried it in a regular PtW game but no luck. I even tried it at Chieftain level, figuring that's a beginner mode (therefore tutorial) but again nothing.

Can someone suggest something? I've played lots of Civ 3 and PTW so I don't reeeeeally need it ... just thought it would speed up my understanding and reduce the learning curve.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Jack

I believe the tutorial mode only works in the epic (normal) game, not in the conquests. I think the first introductory conquest is the ancient treasures one, right? All you have to do in that one is find as many of the victory point locations (the white obelisks/towers) and fortify a military unit on them. You will accumulate points that way (plus points for population, winning battles, building wonders, etc.). There's some time limit to the game, so whichever civ has the most points when the game expires wins.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks RobC. I did try it in the epic game as well, even setting the game to chieftain level but received no tutorial help.

I will try it again, however, in case I missed something somehow.

On the Conquests treasure hunt, do I have to have city around each thingy or a road connecting it to anything or just simply stick a spearman or swordsman beside it in fortify mode?
      Jack

Comment

Nope, just stick any unit (usually a defensive one, like a spear) on the tile and fortify it.

Comment

Thanks RobC. I just completed that Conquest, following your previous advice and won. It's a goofy kind of thing, isn't it?

On the Tutorial front: I tried it again on the epic game set at chieftain just to be safe and there wasn't a sign of any tutorial help for a few turns so I gave up.

Can anyone else help?
          Jack

Comment

Working...
          X