UK Release delayed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Release delayed?

Virgin and HMV stores in central London, and the Virgin website all have the UK release as 21 November, as of today.
    Does anyone know if the release has been put back?

If not, has anyone seen a copy in London?
    War can so easily be gilt with romance and heroism and solemn national duty and patriotism and the like by persons whose superficial literary and oratorical talent covers an abyss of Godforsaken folly - G B Shaw

I'll be popping down to Game in Camden in a couple of hours to check it out, but if Virgin/HMV don't have it, I doubt the others will

Never mind, more time for the PTWDGs ... and for my Keshiks to go spoil Abe's day in my current SP Pangea breakathon.

Comment

Confirmed : 21st Nov.

Comment

*tut*
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I have popped to get it on my way home from work and it is nowhere to be seen. Sometimes I am sure these people can't organise a piss up in a brewery...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I know that the game is already available in France. They are lucky guys !

I'm still awaiting a mail from amazon.uk....
            Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
            Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

So it looks like they can rush through the US pressings and distribution, but not manage to hit the later UK date - or bother to tell anyone about it. Hurrah.......
              any official reasons (apologies?) lurking around out there?
              War can so easily be gilt with romance and heroism and solemn national duty and patriotism and the like by persons whose superficial literary and oratorical talent covers an abyss of Godforsaken folly - G B Shaw

Comment

Time to use those 90% discounted flights to US/Canada again I feel

The most we can expect is an apology .. but in the scheme of things, they won't lose out for this, you're all going to buy it anyway.
                "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

Does anyone in Holland have it already? In one shop near me they expected it today but didn't get it.... I hope it is not delayed in Holland too
                  Alea iacta est!

Comment

I phoned the Manchester branch of Game on thursday afternoon to confirm they were getting it in on the 14th... and yes, they confirmed it would be on the selves. In fact, I was told it was already there and they promised to put aside a copy for me.

So I left work early on the Friday, added a few miles onto my trip to get to the store and lo and behold, was told no, actually they didn't have it and sorry for any trouble. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.......

As it happens, I'd persuaded my g/f to go to London this weekend for a party and was looking forward to marathon Civ session on my last free weekend for a month.

Comment

I checked in at the Game store in East Kilbride ( near Glasgow ) and after a lot of tooing and froing they sent someone round the back to check because someone remembered they had recieved Civ3 in a shipment the day before.

He came back with what I assume to be Game's answer to Civ3 Gold - PTW and Civ3 shrink wrapped togethern in a box.

I explained that no, thank you, that wasn't what I was looking for and, yes, I was certain the release date was supposed to be the 14th.

I thought the whole 'games released on a Friday' syndrome was to ensure an equal distribution to all stores on the chosen date. It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to put up with the console gamers that work their looking at you as if you're an alien and saying "Civilization... for the PC?"
                      A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

I know the feeling Faboba...that kind of 'you're really old to be playing computer games' look at the same time...
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

bhah,

after pushing past the crowds of greasy 12 years olds in my local GAME store, they didn't have it. Although they did have it listed to be released yesterday and they did have the civ3 and PTW in the same box thing. Is that the gold edition thing that was supposed to be released on the same day as C3C?

When I ordered PTW from GAME online, it was delivered within 22 hours of ordering!! But the site has the 21st as the release date now.

Sometimes I wonder whether it'd be possible to get a load of copies of the game myself on the release date and distribute them by mail order.
                          Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Holland: Bol.com says 14th of November but (after me contacting them) they admitted it was the 21st.
                            Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

And are we going to be offered a lame excuse why?
                              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                              X