No announcement yet.

Incas are driving me NUTS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But a slinger would just overlap with Archers - we already have the bowman and the javelin thrower now...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

In that case, the Spearman is also overlapped as you say. We have Spearman, Numidian Merc., Hoplite and the Impi.

So, an extra archer unit mustn't be a problm, I think

Fortune and Glory, here I come!!!.
      Indiana Jones
      Spanish Empire Civ for Civilization 5 (in Spanish/en Español)

Comment

The problem is triggering the GA with a UU... I would personally keep the Chasqui Scout the same price as a normal scout, take away it's attack and defense values and give it the ability to treat hills/mountains as grassland. Of course, once could compromise: keep the Chasqui as it is and halve the price.
        You can't fight in here! This is the WAR room!

Comment

Re: Incas are driving me NUTS!

Originally posted by mimi
          My tiny pangea Aztec attempt at a quickie did not turn out to be so... the Incas have an ENDLESS supply of horsemen and UUs and they WILL NOT get away from me.
          Those Inca's only want ONE thing don't they. It's their raging hormones. Just don't pay attention to them. They are looking for a reaction from you - good or bad. If they offer to buy you a drink just ignore them and they'll go hit on some other civ...

Comment

Originally posted by Yahweh Sabaoth
            The problem is triggering the GA with a UU... I would personally keep the Chasqui Scout the same price as a normal scout, take away it's attack and defense values and give it the ability to treat hills/mountains as grassland. Of course, once could compromise: keep the Chasqui as it is and halve the price.
            Another option is to keep the price and stats the same but add in the "enslave" ability.
            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth

Another option is to keep the price and stats the same but add in the "enslave" ability.
              That would be interesting.

I personally don't see why a lot more units don't have the enslave ability...

Comment

Re: Re: Incas are driving me NUTS!

Originally posted by Feephi

Those Inca's only want ONE thing don't they. It's their raging hormones. Just don't pay attention to them. They are looking for a reaction from you - good or bad. If they offer to buy you a drink just ignore them and they'll go hit on some other civ...
                you strike again Feephi... very amusing. I also ignore those Inca ho's
                Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

I saw those little Incas breed like crazy in a game I played as the Romans last night... seriously... I've never seen an AI REX like that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Slayer
                    In that case, the Spearman is also overlapped as you say. We have Spearman, Numidian Merc., Hoplite and the Impi.

So, an extra archer unit mustn't be a problm, I think

Point taken, but what would you do with it? 2/1/2 would be the same as a horseman, 2/2/1 would be the same as Bowmen, 2/2/1 enslave would be the same as javelins. Perhaps 3/1/1 could be interesting, perhaps with an enslave...hmmm...
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

...that would probably be too powerful for that stage in the game and completely undermine swordsmen...
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

So, don't give swordmens to the Incas. I live here and I have never read in a book that the Incas used an Sword before

Fortune and Glory, here I come!!!.
                        Indiana Jones
                        Spanish Empire Civ for Civilization 5 (in Spanish/en Español)

Comment

A 3/1/1 archer would not be too powerful at all! It would be a godsend, however. Like longbowmen, except earlier in the game. In other words, a swordsman with a lower defense that does not require iron.

Perhaps no enslavement, though. That might overpower it a little.

Comment

Working...
                          X