What's the trick with Landmarks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the trick with Landmarks?

I thought I had created landmarks for every available terrain type, but I have yet to see anything appear in the game. What am I missing here?

Landmarks?
    The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

As I understand it, landmarks only show up in the text when you click on a tile. In the Mesopotamia conquests, there's something called the 'Cedars of Lebanon' which is just forests with a special name and a small bonus

Comment

I've seen that landmark terrain isn't on random maps.

It looks just like non-landmark terrain anyway so you wouldn't.

Comment

ive only seen the cedars landmark, are there any others?
          "I came, I saw, and.....then I went home."

Comment

A modder can make the landmark terrain look different than the normal terrain, but it is tricky to get it to look good. This is becuase the tiles have to connect seamlessly with both the landmark and normal versions of all tiles.

Turn on "Show Food and Shields" to see a marker (a diamond)

You may want my fix to the diamonds though

get it here
            Seemingly Benign
            Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

I think I see now. It doesn't come up in the random maps, it's only available in user created maps. At least that's how it looks to me. Too bad if that's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Unspeakable Horror
                Landmarks?
                A new feature in Conquests. On the Terrain page, you can assign a landmark for various types of terain that have different values that they normally would, plus a name. The example used in the help file is the Cedars of Lebanon in the Mesopatmia conquest.

Comment

Working...
                X