Does Enslavement actually work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Enslavement actually work?

I've created a Hidden Nationality unit with the Enslavement and I've seen lots of battles with then, usually at the hands of the AI, but I have yet to see any unit captured by them. Or is there some trick to them that I'm not aware of?

I don't know about units created in the editor, but the standard units with enslavement ability sure do work. I've enslaved workers with the Mayan UU, and ships with a privateer. Given the privateer thing, it can't be the "hidden nationality" flag that's causing trouble. Hmm. I did have a long run of battles with a Javelin Thrower in which I got zero slaves. So I guess the question is how many battles have you seen?

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Re: Does Enslavement actually work?

Originally posted by Willem
      I've created a Hidden Nationality unit with the Enslavement and I've seen lots of battles with then, usually at the hands of the AI, but I have yet to see any unit captured by them. Or is there some trick to them that I'm not aware of?
      Did you also select unit from the drop-down "Enslave Results In" which becomes active when "Enslave" is flagged (drop-down is center bottom of options).

Catt

Comment

In the editor, make sure you select the unit it should 'enslave to' in the bottom center of the unit editor page.

Comment

YAR! Can I call it, or can I call it? The opposite of the "Enslavement too strong?" thread from less than a week ago, just as predicted!

Friedrich Psitalon
          Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
          Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

Originally posted by Fried-Psitalon
            YAR! Can I call it, or can I call it? The opposite of the "Enslavement too strong?" thread from less than a week ago, just as predicted!

I think this thread's subject is actually a modding / editor question -- and has nothing to do with the relative stregth or weakness of the ability.

But there is still plenty of time for an "Enslavement too weak" thread to appear and put paid to your prediction.

Catt

Comment

Oh it works very well - I modded all ancient age foot soldiers to take worker slaves. - It even boosts the AI by giving them more workers like us human players do.

Kevin
              ---- "What gunpowder did for war, Blake has done for the AI" - Diadem ----

Comment

Re: Re: Does Enslavement actually work?

Originally posted by Catt

Did you also select unit from the drop-down "Enslave Results In" which becomes active when "Enslave" is flagged (drop-down is center bottom of options).

Catt
                Yes I did, it's supposed to create another unit like it, but I have yet to see it happen. And the AI has used that Hidden Nationality unit against me quite a number of times now. Much more than I've been able to that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Catt

I think this thread's subject is actually a modding / editor question -- and has nothing to do with the relative stregth or weakness of the ability.
                  No, it is about the strength/weakness of it. From what I've seen so far, it doesn't do anything. I have yet to see a single unit become enslaved, either by me or the AI.

Comment

Did you check the Enslave box on the units that you wanted to be Enslaveable?

Comment

Originally posted by kring
                      Did you check the Enslave box on the units that you wanted to be Enslaveable?
                      I already said that I did.

Comment

Working...
                      X