Editor Questions -> Hardcoded Items?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editor Questions -> Hardcoded Items?

I've been looking over the editor, and I was wondering if the following things are hardcoded or not

1) Army movement bonus

Is there any way I can make it so that armies do not give +1 to movement? If not I think they should change it where an army's movement in the editor determines how much of a movement bonus it gets. For example setting it to 1 means no bonus, 2 means +1 bonus, 3 means +2 bonus etc

2) Distinction between Scientific and Military Great Leaders

As far as I can one unit in the editor represents both of them, yet in the game they have vastly different abilities. It seems like a Hurry Improvements/Small Wonders Flag, and a Hurry Great Wonders Flag is needed, along with a create through unit victory or scientific discovery flag

that's all for now, as I find more I'll post them here

Re: Editor Questions -> Hardcoded Items?

Originally posted by korn469
    I've been looking over the editor, and I was wondering if the following things are hardcoded or not

--snip--

2) Distinction between Scientific and Military Great Leaders

As far as I can one unit in the editor represents both of them, yet in the game they have vastly different abilities. It seems like a Hurry Improvements/Small Wonders Flag, and a Hurry Great Wonders Flag is needed, along with a create through unit victory or scientific discovery flag

that's all for now, as I find more I'll post them here
    The difference, in theory anyway, is the Science Age flag in the editor. RobC and myself have used editor added Leaders, with and without the Science Age flag, and been unable to generate a Science Age. I plan on doing some more testing of the editor.

Comment

kring

as far as i can, only one type of leader appears in the editor, it has both build armies, and scientific age selected (along with hurry improvements)

Comment

From the Editor Help File:

Science Age (Unit Special Action)
        If checked, the selected unit can begin a "Scientific Age," which is one of the two special capabilities of a scientific leader.

Comment

...except it doesn't work (the begin science age ability, that is)

Comment

kring and RobC,

tell me more the leaders you added? It seems like they changed leaders to be completely hardcoded, so that only leaders gained through the scientific method can use the scientific age or hurry great wonders, while only military leaders can hurry armies NO MATTER WHAT THE EDITOR VALUES ARE

Comment

Check out this thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=101235

Comment

Working...
              X