Rebase distance limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebase distance limit

Can this be modified in the editor or is it hard coded to always be 3x's the aircrafts operations range? I don't see any options for it, so I assume its hard coded.

3x's seems to make sense so if its not moddable I don't guess its a huge loss. Twice operations range because you don't need to make a return trip, a bit more from carrying extra fuel instead of bombs.

The only reason I noticed is that it seems a bit high when in my current game (standard size map), I am able to rebase normal bombers from one continent to the other without using carriers or any of the island bases in between. However, I was going from west coast of the eastern continent to the east coast of the western one, so its not like it was totally opposite side of the world (more like 1/3 of the way across).

Was that limit added with PTW? I don't remember ever hitting it, but due to lack of spare time I've not used aircrafts that mush in PTW, (or maybe it is that I never tried to do a to long rebase )
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Its added with conquests. I haven't run into it yet, only place i've seen it referred to is here:
      One of the biggest areas of focus on the core game was the dynamics of Naval and Air Forces. Both weren't being utilized as much as they could have been, so we decided to have some fun! Here are the changes to the existing Epic Game air units: • Helicopter – Op Range: 6, Capacity: 3...

Tavis actually says its 6x's the range, and if so I don't think its even going to be a factor on anything but the hugest maps (or if the operation ranges are all modded way down).

Comment

That explains... I thought that noone would have hit a limit added with C3C as of now. But as you didn't hit it it's understandable...
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Re: Rebase distance limit

Originally posted by wervdon
          Can this be modified in the editor or is it hard coded to always be 3x's the aircrafts operations range? I don't see any options for it, so I assume its hard coded.
          Unfortunately, I believe that your assumption is correct.

Comment

That sucks. A lot.

Comment

Working...
            X