conquests.ini Pregame Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Mike!
    "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
    --George Bernard Shaw
    A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
    --Woody Allen

Comment

Is there documentation somewhere about these ini settings? I learned some good ones here, so do I have to bookmark this thread or I can perhaps find this info somewhere on the Civ3 CD?
      "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
      --George Bernard Shaw
      A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
      --Woody Allen

Comment

It would be nice if Mike or one of the other Firaxis/Breakaway staff would post a listing of the ini settings possible.

Comment

OK, here's a list of all the INI settings for Conquests (some of these may not be in Civ3 or PTW). I'm not sure if these are documented anywhere or not (probably some of them are in the readme)... I just write the code.

Voice Quality=0
          Can be 0-7. Used for voice chat.

KeepRes=1
          Can be 0 or 1. If 1, your screen resolution is used for the game instead of the default 1024x768.

VideoMode=1280
          Can be 1024, 1152, 1280, 1600, 1792. Changes the game's resolution to the value specified (instead of the default 1024x768).

Refresh=70
          Changes the default refresh rate of your monitor. Do not change/add this line unless you are experiencing problems!

ScrollSpeed=1
          Can be 0, 1, or 2. This is the Map Scroll Speed preference.

Prefs Format=1
          This is the prefs version number. It should always be 1 (for now).

Difficulty=7
          The difficulty level used in the last game played. The numbers correspond to the difficulty levels in the editor (starting at 0).

Aggression=4
          The aggression level used in the last game played. The numbers correspond to the levels (starting at 0).

Top Menu=3
          The last selected main menu item. The first menu item is 0.

QuickStart=0
          Can be 0 or 1. If 1, the menu screens are bypassed and the game acts as if QuickStart was selected.

Faction0=5
          Faction1=8
          Faction2=1
          Faction3=7
          Faction4=9
          Faction5=2
          Faction6=6
          Faction7=3
          Faction8=4
          Faction9=32
          Faction10=32
          Faction11=32
          Faction12=32
          Faction13=32
          Faction14=32
          Faction15=32
          Faction16=-1
          Faction17=-1
          Faction18=-1
          Faction19=-1
          Faction20=-1
          Faction21=-1
          Faction22=-1
          Faction23=-1
          Faction24=-1
          Faction25=-1
          Faction26=-1
          Faction27=-1
          Faction28=-1
          Faction29=-1
          Faction30=-1

The civ selected for each of the players in the last game played. Faction0 is the human player. The values can range from -1 to 32. -1 is NONE, 32 is RANDOM, 0-31 correspond to the civs in the order they are listed in the editor.

num cities to eliminate=1
          one city culture to win=20000
          all cities culture to win=100000
          domination pct terrain=66
          domination % pop=66
          building wonders=10
          killing units=10
          researching advances=5
          capture cities=100
          holding vp locations=25
          capturing princess=1000
          Victory Point Limit=50000
          Turn Limit=540

Default victory condition settings. All of these can be changed in-game by clicking the "Game Limits" button.

Preferences=00110001110000011010011111110111
          These are bit flags corresponding to the preferences. I'm not going to detail each flag...

Rules=00000000000000000110000000010000
          These are bit flags corresponding to the game rules (enabled victory conditions and so forth).

CleanMap=00000000000000011010111010000000
          These are bit flags corresponding to the clean map preferences (accessed in game with ctrl-shift-n).

Governor=00000000000000000000000000000000
          These are bit flags corresponding to the governor settings (the main page).

Gov Prod Never=00000000000000000000000000011000
          These are bit flags corresponding to the items the governor should NEVER produce.

Gov Prod Often=00000000000000000000000000000000
          These are bit flags corresponding to the items the governor should produce OFTEN.

CustomLeaderName=
          CustomLeaderTitle=
          CustomFormalName=
          CustomNoun=
          CustomAdjective=
          CustomGender=1

These are the settings for your custom civ setting (if you rename your leader, etc.).

WorldAridity=2
          BarbarianActivity=0
          WorldLandmass=1
          WorldOceanCoverage=0
          WorldTemperature=2
          WorldAge=1
          WorldSize=2

These are the world settings chosen for your last game played. The values range from 0 to the number of possible values. RANDOM is denoted by using the number of values (i.e., a value of 3 in WorldAridity is RANDOM; 0-2 are the actual settings).

WindowsFileBox=0
          I've never used this but apparently setting it to 1 causes a standard windows dialog to be used for loading and saving.

Max Autosaves=5
          The number of autosaves the game will keep in the auto folder.

Latest Save=C:\_Projects\Conquests\Civ3\saves\current
          The last saved game loaded.

Latest Scenario=Conquests\7 Sengoku - Sword of the Shogun.biq
          The last scenario loaded.

Main Volume=127
          Music Volume=127
          Sound Volume=50

The volume settings (can range from 0 to 127).

NoSound=0
          Can be 0 or 1. If 1, no sound will be played in the game.

NoForceFeedback=0
          Can be 0 or 1. If 1, force feedback will not be enabled for force feedback mice.

PlayIntro=0
          Can be 0 or 1. If 0, the intro movie is not displayed.

GridOn=0
          Can be 0 or 1. Whether or not the grid was on in the last game played.

MapZoom=0
          Can be 0 or 1. Whether or not the map was zoomed in the last game played.

NoAIPatrol=1
          Can be 0 or 1. If 0, the AI will use it's units to randomly patrol if it has no specific task for them.

WorldSeed=0
          The seed used to generate the last map played. If 0, the last game played was not a SP random map game. This is provided for players who like a map that was generated and would like to make a map in the editor that looks the same.

Location=0
          Can be 0 or 1. The last "location" used for MP games. 0 == Local, 1 == GameSpy.

Net Name=Mike
          The name used in the last MP game played.

These are all the current settings used in conquests.ini. Their functionality and usage may change in future versions (if any) and it's always possible more will be added (or that some will be removed).

Edit: There may also be a line for SFX Volume. This is a bug -- sometimes the sound volume is mistakenly referenced as SFX Volume (which causes the sound volume bug some people may have experienced).

Edit: Added a few more that I forgot about because they weren't in my INI file...
          Last edited by Mike Breitkreutz FIRAXIS; November 12, 2003, 16:31.
          Mike Breitkreutz
          Programmer
          FIRAXIS Games

Comment

Thank you, Mike.

I appreciate your fast response.

Comment

Thanks

Do these settings overide let's say PBEM settings from other games/players?
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Mike, also, are there any that can be added that haven't been mentioned or listed? I know some can be set, but don't show in the ini unless you manually add them. The No AI Patrol or Autosave, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Breitkreutz FIRAXIS
                  WorldSeed=0
                  The seed used to generate the last map played. If 0, the last game played was not a SP random map game. This is provided for players who like a map that was generated and would like to make a map in the editor that looks the same.
                  Oh, COOL!!! I was just wishing for something like this the other day, not realizing it was already there. Thanks for the details Mike!!
                  "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                  "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                  "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

As far as I know, these are all of the INI settings. Some of them do not show up unless you manually add them but I don't remember which ones off the top of my head. (I updated my previous post with a few more settings that I forgot about).

Most of the settings that pertain to in-game data (like the grid) are saved with saved games so PBEM settings are not overridden when you load a game.
                    Last edited by Mike Breitkreutz FIRAXIS; November 12, 2003, 16:32.
                    Mike Breitkreutz
                    Programmer
                    FIRAXIS Games

Comment

Thanks Mike - That list was exactly what I hoping this thread would generate!

Your help and hard work is appreciated (even if we do b*&^*)

:>

Kevin
                      ---- "What gunpowder did for war, Blake has done for the AI" - Diadem ----

Comment

Hey...thanks for the list, Mike. Awesome response.

Don't nobody say that Firaxis don't listen to the fans

Asmodean
                        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
                          Hey...thanks for the list, Mike. Awesome response.

Don't nobody say that Firaxis don't listen to the fans

Asmodean
                          Amen! Keep up the good work, Mike.
                          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                          2004 Presidential Candidate
                          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Thanks Mike
                            ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
                            "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
                            Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

Does anyone know if you can change the colour of your civ without using the editor ... ie, within the .ini file or elsewhere?

Cheers
                              "Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is opinion"
                              -Democritus of Abdera

Comment

Originally posted by ThaddeusAlexander
                                Does anyone know if you can change the colour of your civ without using the editor ... ie, within the .ini file or elsewhere?

Cheers
                                AFAIK, the only way to do this is in the editor. It would be nice if you could do this on the setup screen the same way you can change your civ's name and leader.

Comment

Working...
                                X