Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A *Very Humble* editor query for any Firaxian or BA Games People

Hiya guys,

First up, I'd just like to say that, in spite of my rant in the CFC forum , everything I'm seeing and hearing about C3:C sounds incredible, and is making me incredibly excited (I can't wait to try modding the game )!!! I do have a couple of very important questions about the editor, though!
    Firstly, do you ever invisage moving the last 3 of the Great Wonder flags into the 'general' wonder portion of the editor screen? I was very confused, and more than a little disappointed, to hear that this hadn't been done !! It will make some portions of my mod VERY hard to do (if not downright impossible!!!) Changing this one minor thing would mean a GREAT DEAL to this 'budding modder' !!!
    My second question is: You have a flag for Great/Small Wonders which says 'reduces corruption' (Assuming that is the FP effect), and another flag which says 'Reduces War Weariness in all cities'! What I was wondering is if we'll ever see a flag which says 'Reduces Corruption in all cities'? This would be a huge benefit for some of my mod ideas-as it would be a MUCH cleaner way of creating some 'Heart of the Nation' type improvements for your capital city !!!
    My last question is regarding the effects of improvements on Tax, luxury and Science output! Is there any chance of you ever making these flags more.....well, flexible? What I mean is that, improvements can, if I'm not mistaken, have a + or - production, culture, happiness or even maintainance value (please correct me if I'm mistaken about this), so I would like to be able to give improvements a + or - tax, luxury and/or science output value! It would also be great if we could change the outputs by factors of 25%, rather than 50%!! So, is this do-able and, more importantly, is there any chance you might include such changes in any future patch? I'd be over the moon if you said 'YES' !!!
    Anyway, thank you for your time, and any answers you can give me would be VERY much appreciated!!! Congratulations, once again, on what looks like a truly brilliant new addition to the Civ3 line !!!

Yours,
    Aussie_Lurker.

Seconded -
    The limitation of "Doubles Happiness", "Adds in Every City", and "Adds in Every Continent City" to Great wonders only is a poor design limitation. - While for Normal 'Epic Game' and basic Wonders, it may be an appropriate design philosophy, There are many appropriate and well balanced Mods that can only be accomplished in this way.

Imagine a "Senate" Small Wonder, that adds in every city a "Senators Office" that reduces corruption by 2. This small wonder would only be available under Republic, or Democracy (Or Modded derivatives of representative govt). -

Hehe - And on a derivative tangent --- Ohhh - What if I make this require a palace in the city (Hence it has to be in the capital), then what happens when someone moves thier capital... they loose the small wonder and have to build it again... oooohhhh, this could cut down on the urge to move your capital around with Leaders. No more capital moving just for game mechanics... it could make capital relocation the PITA it's supposed to me (and thereby a rarer event).

Kevin P.
    ---- "What gunpowder did for war, Blake has done for the AI" - Diadem ----

Comment

Working...
    X