Something I think would be nice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something I think would be nice

Having played Galciv for a while now, and doing my best (which isn't good enough), to contribute to the Apolyton Empire on the Metaverse, I couldn't help but think that a similar type of centralized ranking system of civs would be a great idea for keeping the replayability of civ3 up high.

I sometimes get bored with Galciv, but the fact that I always want to contribute yet another game score to the empire keeps me playing.

Now, i am NOT saying that civ3 or civ in general is not worth playing or fun unless there is this type of thing, but it would be the thing that makes my day...

For some reason, contributing a score to an "empire" increases the enjoyment more than completing a game and just seeing the private results.

Of course this has been done already with RTS games like Starcraft and Warcraft with their ladder system, but the Galciv Metaverse was new to the TBS genre as far as I know, at least in a centralized manner. I'm not talking about private clan type systems.

Whatever you may think of Galciv in genral, I think that the developers evolved the genre with this Metaverse concept.

I mean, imagine the greatest TBS of all time, CIV, coupled with a centralized gaming "World" that tracks players contributions to their civ...

And, DAMN, this would be so great for Alpha Centauri too...

anyone know of anything like this in the works, or what are your opinions?
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Too... much... pressure...

[maybe they should have a girl section?]
    If pigs could fly we'd all have to wear helmets.
    Please don't be envious of my little girlie brain.

Comment

Edit : nevermind
      Last edited by alva; November 7, 2003, 12:38.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

huh?
        While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

CFC has a ranking system for those who participate in their Games of the Month.

Dominae
          And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

vee:

I sorta floated this idea around a while back, including tournaments, rankings, etc.

Not too much interest, especially here at 'poly. The culture doesn;t really support it... much more collaborative, I think.
            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

CFC?

I meant a centralized "universe" that tracks scores of a civ that you can join. Something run by the gaming company or a larger organization like Apolyton ....

Not a podunk fansite that only tracks games once a month or that only a few know about.

Is CFC such a thing?

I've just never heard of it..proving my point

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
                vee:

I sorta floated this idea around a while back, including tournaments, rankings, etc.

Not too much interest, especially here at 'poly. The culture doesn;t really support it... much more collaborative, I think.
                I suspect you may be right...It's just that the galciv metaverse ranking of empires has totally extended the replayability and "urge" to keep playing galciv for me.

Perhaps civ doesn't need such enticements to play yet another game (actually, i know it doesn't), but adding a major centralized "world" to rank civs via the scores of it's members would make civ, an already awesome game, even MORE fun!!

Comment

CFC is a very big Civ: 3 website. On the same ranks as 'Poly.

Comment

Here it is:

Largest fan site for Sid Meier's Civilization series.

Comment

Working...
                    X