Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you add Austria??

How do you add Austria??

What do you do to add Austria in the game?? I was in the Editor thinking you can add them somewhere in there, but couldn't find where you do it.

I don't think you can. From what I've read, there's a hard coded limit of 31 civs in the game. I read in the chat that's why it wasn't included in the regular game. In order to get Austria in, you would have to delete another civ first.

Comment

I think you may have to complete all 9 conquest first to "unlock" the Austrians, in the chat they hinted at some bonus feature when you finish all the quests.
      Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Can you play the Quests at any level and get the bonus feature?
        What?

Comment

There is a bonus movie when you win all the Conquests

From the Apolyton Chat:

[18:44] <+Merepatra> Well only winning all the "real" Conquests will trigger the victory movie, but
          otherwise you could make it all yourself
          [18:45] <+bobT_Breakaway> Everything we use is available
          [18:45] MOVIE?!
          [18:45] Can user made Conquests trigger their own victory movie?
          [18:45] <+Merepatra> that was the aim.. to make scenarios that showed off all the new features
          in the editor, AND were a lot of fun to play
          [18:46] <+Merepatra> yes, you get the movie when you win the last Conquest
          [18:46] yes. I think you'll like it.

You would have to rename one of the civs or Delete a civ, then add Austria. Renaming the civ is probably the easiest. You would also have to change the leaderheads if you wanted the Austrian leaderhead to be used, change the civ traits, aggression level, etc. Add the UU to the Units tab, make or modify civpedia entries and pediaicons entries.

Comment

All of Austria's stuff SHOULD be in the various artwork folders, such as the .flc leaderhead movie files. It's just a matter of swapping all of this in civilopedia.txt and the editor.

I don't have C3C, though, and am dying to see the Austrian leaderhead!

-Ben
            alisonblaire.com

Comment

Originally posted by Novaya Havoc
              All of Austria's stuff SHOULD be in the various artwork folders, such as the .flc leaderhead movie files. It's just a matter of swapping all of this in civilopedia.txt and the editor.

I don't have C3C, though, and am dying to see the Austrian leaderhead!

-Ben
              Yeah, I was looking into this last night and the stuff is all there in the civiliopedia.txt and other configuration files to add Austria in without reworking a lot of files. Unfortunately you do have to delete another civ. I'm thinking the Hittities because, well, who the hell cares.

I think I'll make Austria Scientific/Religious though. After all, the Vienna Circle, Freud, Wittgenstein, and all. (That and I like the combination ...)

The only thing I can't figure out is if there is a list of city names somewhere or if I'm going to have to break out the old atlas ...
              - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
              - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
              - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

There are city, SGL, and MGL lists for Austria in the Napoleonic Europe Scenario. You may want to check the lists for duplicates with other civs (Germany, for example).

Comment

Working...
                X