No announcement yet.

A few random observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Democracy has less corruption and only pays 1 gold per unit.

BTW, I think the reason Shakespear requires a size 7 city is because you need an Aquaduct in order to build a Hospital.
    Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

But you can build those things with less than 7 people. Just because your city can grow beyond size 7, doesn't mean it has.
      Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
      Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Rusty: You cannot build a Hospital until your city has grown to size 7 or more. It simply won't appear in the build options list until then.
        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

In that case, can you confirm that you can set up the population minimum as a prerequisite for a building in the editor? Or is there some other tricky way in which it was done?
          Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
          Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Looks like the minimum pop came from checking the "allows city size level 3" which seems to be hardcoded to only be allowed in "size level 2 " cities.
            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

The Mesopation one does have a pop minimum on one of the city improvements. (The one adviable with City Planning that allows cities past size 12 and also makes 2 citizens content.) Which is likely to be due to the same hardcoding as the Hospital.

Originally posted by The Rusty Gamer
              A population minimum for some buildings?

Does this now mean there is a population minumum prerrequisite for buildings in the editor? If this is the case, then that Colonization emulation mod gets one step closer to reality...
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
              X