Austrian Leaderhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austrian Leaderhead

Please, could someone post a large pic of him here? Is there any information who it should be?
    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Yeah... I am definitely interested in this one.
    alisonblaire.com

Comment

Austrian leaderhead? which scenario is that from?
      "I came, I saw, and.....then I went home."

Comment

AFAIK, Austria only shows up in Nap Euro, which uses flags for leaderheads.

Comment

Better yet, post the Austrian leader and any incomplete leader sets in my thread so I can get a sense of completion:

Comment

Yeah... I want you to finish the chart ixnay. I'm curious.
            alisonblaire.com

Comment

Originally posted by RobC
              AFAIK, Austria only shows up in Nap Euro, which uses flags for leaderheads.
              Austria is there as "Extra Civ", complete with own leaderhead and UU, although you have to mod it in with the editor, if you want to use them in the epic game.
              I want a picture! I've only seen a VERY small pic of what I think was the Austrian leaderhead. It resembled Carl V., but I'm not sure. It#s be a bad choice for Austrian leader...
              "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
              "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

IMO, Maria Theresia would have been a good choice.
                "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III It resembled Carl V., but I'm not sure. It#s be a bad choice for Austrian leader...
                  Carl V? Do you mean Charles V?

Comment

Yes, I mean Charles V. And I too think that Maria Theresia would have been the top choice. Stupid developpers: They're always desperate introducing more female leaders (Jeanne d'Arc instead of Louis XIV or Napi!!!!) and then there's a civ with a perfect female leader and what happens...?

BTW: Please post a pic of the leaderhead!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III
                      Yes, I mean Charles V. And I too think that Maria Theresia would have been the top choice. Stupid developpers: They're always desperate introducing more female leaders (Jeanne d'Arc instead of Louis XIV or Napi!!!!) and then there's a civ with a perfect female leader and what happens...?

BTW: Please post a pic of the leaderhead!!!
                      It's Charles V, its in the art folder in leaderheads and advisors (if you want to see it for all ages). I'd post it but Conquests is on my desktop at home (also, the civiliopedia.txt files has all the relevant entries for Austria.
                      - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                      - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                      - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Oh, great! Please, Templar, post all the relevant info here please.

Comment

Charles' leaderheads are posted in the Leader compliation thread.

Comment

As I mentioned in the Designer Diary for Age of Discovery that was posted a few weeks ago, the original concept for that Conquest included other powers in Europe, including the Ottomans, Papacy, and Hapsburgs.

Charles V was *the* dominant leader of the early 16th Century when all of these powers came into conflict, and we therefore chose him to be the Hapsburg/Austrian leaderhead.

Now as often happens as games get developed, things changed... But for our bonus civilization, the leaderhead art remained.

One of my absolute favorite periods of history, so personally I am glad Charles V made it in. But you do have to think of it more as a Hapsburg/Austrian bonus civ to have it make sense that he is included.
                            BreakAway Games
                            Producer, Civ 3: Conquests

Comment

Thanks, I've found the pic!

Gobi Bear: Thanks for pointing out.

Comment

Working...
                              X