C3C REVIEW thread - Post yours here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C3C REVIEW thread - Post yours here

I think this should be separate from the "I got it!" threads.

This is for comprehensive reviews of the game from people who have played through it enough to make a good/bad judgment. This way the reviews aren't scattered about and can be easily accessed by us skeptical types looking for more info before buying.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

better yet,

FIRST POST YOUR REVIEW AND RATING HERE(YES, CLICK HERE!) then discuss here(e.g. this thread )
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I hope someone here reviews it soon. I have not gotten it yet, and I am waiting to hear what the people of apolyton have to say about it.
      Donate to the American Red Cross.
      Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

I just got the game and got home with it, but I'm going to see Matrix 3 in around a hour, so I'll post my thoughts about it later tonight. For whatever that is worth.

Btw, Marky Mark, I like that review form idea Good job
        However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Originally posted by TechWins
          I just got the game and got home with it, but I'm going to see Matrix 3 in around a hour, so I'll post my thoughts about it later tonight. For whatever that is worth.
          Thoughts about Civ3 or Matrix3? (actually, I'd be interested in hearing both -- most of the Matrix3 reviews coming out are panning it...)

Comment

matrix 3 was good for action, and plotholes.

ignoring logic, there was some kickass fighting.
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Getting off topic but I'm not sure what the point of reviewing Matrix: Revolutions is.

Those that loved Matrix and Matrix:Reloaded (except for the cliff-hanger ending of Reloaded) will love Revolutions.

Those that didn't won't like the third either.
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                better yet,

FIRST POST YOUR REVIEW AND RATING HERE(YES, CLICK HERE!) then discuss here(e.g. this thread )
                Do we have to register for a separate account to post a review/rating? It says I'm 'not logged in'

Comment

I'm hoping the striking lack of reviews here or on Mark G's link is an indication that those who have C3C are so addicted and having so much fun that they can't be arsed to post a review...

Anyone? Hello???
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I just finished and WON my first Conquest! I played Netherlands in the Age of Discovery on the Monarch level and won a Victory Point Victory 113 turns into the 150 turn scenario. The timer said it took 10 hours and 56 mins!

So far the game is great! I liked the new economic aspect of the game (at least in this scenario). My Dutch built a trade empire in North America. One thing I didn't see mentioned before was the trading posts (gold mines, trapper huts, etc) that produce treasure which must then be transported back to your capital, where both money and Victory points are then awarded to you. Very cool! This changes the whole nature of the game and will be great for mods.

I played non-stop for 11 hours! That should tell you how I feel about the game!
                    Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Comment

Originally posted by RobC
                      Do we have to register for a separate account to post a review/rating? It says I'm 'not logged in'
                      if you have cookies enabled and have the option from the control panel enabled, you should be auto-logged.
                      otherwise, just use your forums username and password
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Man have they improved this game! I don't know where to start. Gang, this is one heck of an expansion! I almost feel like I am playing CIV4 or something. Trust me, go out and get this one as soon as you can find it. You will absolutely love it!
                        -PrinceBimz-

Comment

Well it sounds like it is pretty good, cant wait to get it, Friday for sure I hope!
                          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Falconius

So far the game is great! I liked the new economic aspect of the game (at least in this scenario). My Dutch built a trade empire in North America. One thing I didn't see mentioned before was the trading posts (gold mines, trapper huts, etc) that produce treasure which must then be transported back to your capital, where both money and Victory points are then awarded to you. Very cool! This changes the whole nature of the game and will be great for mods.
                            That is interesting since it means there is a reason for a navy again (one of my gripes). I wonder if the concept can be mod-ed into the normal games?
                            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

that would be cool -- using your navy to bring in luxuries and strat resources from other continents...

Comment

Working...
                              X