PTW saves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTW saves

Perhaps this question should go elsewhere, but: anyone know if we'll be able to load old PTW saves in C3C?

I assume the answer is "no," but if that's not the case, I'd like to know, as I'm in the midst of my second Monarch game ever, it's very dear to me, and I'd hate to just throw it in the trash after I've installed Conquests.
    You can't fight in here! This is the WAR room!

I assume there will be a seperate EXE. file to launch PTW
    (same way you can do now with PTW and CIV3)
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Ah yes, how dull minded of me.
      You can't fight in here! This is the WAR room!

Comment

how is conquests bundled with ptw? is ptw a seperate cd or install program or does ptw include all features of ptw plus more. i'm thinking the latter and wouldn't necessarily count on saves working. look your civ traits may change, units different, etc. i'd just hurry up with your game and then install.
        "What IS Genesis" - Dr. Carol Marcus
        Visit decipher.com November 14th to find out!

Comment

No,
          Now you will have three executables in your Civ folder:
          1 for Civ3 (auto-patched to 1.29 (?) )
          1 for PTW (auto-patched to 1.29)
          and 1 for C3C (not patched )

If you double-click the PTW exe., you will be able to play the game as it is now (quite handy for PBEM etc).
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

PTW won't be patched to 1.27F? We will have to apply patches afte install for PTW? Was that just a typo?

Comment

Working...
            X