Silly new tech tree!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly new tech tree!

My fascism is out there with communism... sigh... too far along to allow me to kill kill kill...

But at least there won't be 400 ironclads off my shores taking 20 minutes to bombard my coastlines when at war (but when will I find time to get a snack now?)
    If pigs could fly we'd all have to wear helmets.
    Please don't be envious of my little girlie brain.

My plan for the next game:

despot > monarchy > fascism > world domination

I like where it is in the tree.
    "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

mimi: even if there would be 400 ironclads: your bombers now have lethal sea bombard
      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

lethal sea bombardment is going to be great. just thinking of having useful fighter jets and bombers.....should be good
        "I came, I saw, and.....then I went home."

Comment

You know what... I've NEVER built any flying units in the game - ever... I HATE when the AI uses them too 'cause it takes SOOOOOO long for each one to fly over and bomb whatever stupid improvement they're aiming at... and I have a zillion workers by then so who really cares that they destroyed some irrigation????

But Ironclads come so "early" in the game that they were always bombing my shores, taking 20 minutes a turn to cycle through them all... it was VERY annoying...
          If pigs could fly we'd all have to wear helmets.
          Please don't be envious of my little girlie brain.

Comment

mimi,
            what if you turn off battle animation? does that work for bombard too? (i think it does, but i'm not sure)

grappleman,
            regular fighters don't have lethal bombard, only stealth and F15.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf
              regular fighters don't have lethal bombard, only stealth and F15.
              You really should catch up on the news. They are ALL lethal, at least at sea, and bombers could eat your army live if you don't have air defenses.

Can't sleep. Must have Conquests (as if I would get more sleep THEN)!

Comment

me too
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

jaybe, i must have missed that!

the fighters come with flight and therefor i imagine they belong to the 1st generation airplanes used in the 1st and maybe 2nd world war. those fighters were just armed with machine guns. now how do you want to destroy a gigantic ship with an MG? if it were star wars there may be a small opening leading to the central reactor...

i think it's stupid that a fighter could completely sink a armored ship. only when missiles got developed, did the fighters get powerful for more than just dogfights.

oh well...

edit: but i still can't wait for c3c! 11 more days a counting!

Comment

Forget the biplanes. After that, it's 500 pound bombs or better. Singly or 5 at a time (per plane).

Pearl Harbor. Battles of Coral Sea and Midway where bombs and air-launched torpedoes sank all the ships. (other than 2-3 Japanese subs at Pearl)

You really should read some more history, sabrewolf.

Comment

well, don't forget either, that not many japanese planes got back from pearl harbour. they had enough fuel to carry itself and a whole load of explosives to the ships. after all... that's were we westerners know the expression "kamikaze"

Comment

IMO lethal sea bombing was a must since Civ3,I infact added it via editor.

More than this I would like to have also the possiblity to kill workers,it may happen that I do not need them and the possiblity to sadomize them would be a great power show for my enemies.

Gunter

Comment

:sigh:
                          sabrewolf, I apologize for nitpicking, but
                          at Pearl Harbor the Japanese commanders were aghast at how FEW losses they had. Kamikazes didn't become a major factor until the battle for Okinawa in April 1945. They began at the Battles of Leyte Gulf (Phillipines) in October 1944.

Comment

ok, i surrender! you win!

pearl harbour isn't that important for europeans as it is for americans and the film was so dull that i fell to sleep before the fun

Comment

Sabrewolf,

Naturally you fell asleep. "pearl Harbor" film was a romance story. It was designed to milk cash from young naive yuppie want-to-bes. Nothing like "D-Day" ,"Patton", or any of the great historical WWII movies.

-- PF

Comment

Working...
                              X