• Show
Clear All

• feudalism

apparently feudalism lost its free maintenance

from CFC it is this

3 cost per unit

5/2/1 for free units

and some other stuff

apparently the problem is that the AI would not moveout of it with the free maintenace

so I was thinking about this

free maintenance for all 1 cost buildings

sort of like a free Adam's Trading Company

I really like this idea because it works well with the idea of Feudalism as the small city government

or maybe free maintenance of only a certain type of buliding, like military buildings or religious ones

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Or maybe improve the AI.

Couldn't resist. Maybe they could add a cheap Feudalism government specific building that provides benefits like those you suggest.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

No, the AI was fine, just kinda boring. I wouldn't switch either. Free maintenance makes for huge piles of gold.
      Seemingly Benign
      Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

So warpstorm, is what you are saying the government was too good with free maintence? Instead of the AI loving free maintence so much it it would choose and stick with an inferior government if it had the free maintence trait?

Comment

You could mod a this in today to try it while waiting for C3C to come in.
          Seemingly Benign
          Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

I didn't say frere maintenance for everything

just make it like Adam Smith's

it looks a little weak right now

Jon Miller
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I don't see me choosing Feudalism without the free maintenance.

Comment

ICS junkies will love it.
                Friedrich Psitalon
                Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
                Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

I couldnt see myself selecting feudalism unless I was in pathetic starting territory. Even with free maintenance its still not tempting enough.
                  "I came, I saw, and.....then I went home."

Comment

feudalism is mainly useful for those bad starts where you know your cities will be small pre electricity. The inverty unit support bonus, more free units the smaller your cities, instead of Monarchy's larger free supports for larger cities are meant to make AI (i am assuming) more competitive when they start out somewhere in the equator with nothing but desert and plains.

It should make an interesting first few games watching how the AI handle the new govs.
                    AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
                    Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
                    Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

Fuedalism will be much more popular when you don't have many rivers or lakes in your territory.

Unless your Religious, you really going to only be one of (Monarchy, Feudalism, and Feudalism) for that game, and won't switch out of it until your ready for either Democracy or Communism. (I assume that players wanting to pick Fascism will either run a Democracy or Communism waiting for it given how bad Fuedalism will become once the Aquaduct building campaign starts completing Aquaducts.
                      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                      Templar Science Minister
                      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
                      X