Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool v1.12.5 (C3MT) - Unofficial Civ 3 editor (fourth thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editor events?

Originally posted by Gramphos
    You can edit the stats via exporting and importing map with rules in the SGE, however, I'm not sure when that feature will be avaiable for C3C.

Also it's a hard process, so I doubt that simulating seasons via saveediting is a solution that users would want to play with.
    In that case can you add unit stat changes ie att/def/mv for a unit type to the final version ie as a unit tab addition?

Since its editing "only" ? the master unit field for the unit type in the code i presume this is not too hard to do.

This will allow better scenario's even if user has to do it manually at specified times?

Can you explain how in SGE load terrain gfx works i'm hoping it can allow seasons if the player copies new gfx sets to ??? location that its picked up from when load terrain gfx is selected in the editor!
    Last edited by Colwyn; January 9, 2004, 02:44.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Pavlov Zangalis - Hero of the capture of Berlin RFDG.

Comment

Originally posted by Colwyn

Can you explain further what you mean by enabling in settings ie do we have to adjust something first in the editor to get it to work?
      There is an option in the multitool settings reading someting like enable untested features that has to be selected in order to make it work
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

i was testing the SGE with a C3C scenario save, and i managed to get these features to work:

reseting fow and revealing map
        editing cities current builds, improvements and citizens
        editing civs gold, governments, spys, tech

these features didnt work:

adding units (the game loads cityless with all units and continues even w/o settlers, and crashes game at F1)
        diplomacy the SGE crashes when making saves

any plans for diplomacy editing support in 1.07?

Comment

Gramphos is there any chance of you adding to the SGE

Add unit stat changes ie att/def/mv for a unit type to the final version ie as a unit tab addition in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Colwyn
            Gramphos is there any chance of you adding to the SGE

Add unit stat changes ie att/def/mv for a unit type to the final version ie as a unit tab addition in it?
            It sounds like something that is easy to do as log as I don't include all parts of the editor tab.

Comment

Originally posted by smellymummy
              adding units (the game loads cityless with all units and continues even w/o settlers, and crashes game at F1)
              diplomacy the SGE crashes when making saves

any plans for diplomacy editing support in 1.07?
              I'll try to fix as many parts as possiblle, with lower priority on graphical parts (as the mini map feature)

Depending on how mush time I find to work with this before studies start again I may or may not fix problematic features

Comment

If you did!

Originally posted by Gramphos

It sounds like something that is easy to do as log as I don't include all parts of the editor tab.
                If you did get this added it would mean a great deal to scenario makers! as we can use it to simulate some events even if its to say to the player:

At the start of Aug 1943, change (with the SGE) the global stat for X type of unit to att=10 def=4 mv=3

Were not needeing to do this for each individual unit on the board just for the master value for the unit type that will apply to all current/future units of that type.

On a side note is there info posted re where all these values are kept in the save, would it be possible to find them with some instructions and a hex editor ie would we see stuff like Cavalry..0134234..Infantry..74782872..? in the save?

Comment

The unit stats are stored in the embedded BIC/BIX/BIQ and I don't think they are saved anywhere else.

See the BIQ format thread for info on how that is.

Comment

Ubit addition is probably working now, but I haven't figured out what's wrong with unit deleteion.

Haven't looked at diplomacy yet. It looks as if it will take at least another beta version before I can fo a new full install

I have to do full tests of the sge with all versions of the game based on the changes I had to do to make unit addition work. Chances are that it won't work with vanilla Civ3. Now, where did I put that CD...

Comment

I've located and hopefully fexed the delete problem too, it's just that the game insists on not loading prior a reboot. (due to an earlier failed attempt)

Comment

I'm posting 1.07 now

This is still in prerelease status of C3C support, but this time I will need testers of vanilla Civ3 and PTW as well, since I'm afraid that I might have destroyed some of the backcompability with my changes to the unithandling of saves.

Also note that this version will most likely tell that any C3C save is in interest of the continued development, but I want you to ignore this message for C3C games for now since I want to make the save selection smaller for what it shall ask for.

This time I've tested adding and deleting units, as well as very minor diplomacy editing of saves. Hopefully I'll be able to stabelize the code and release version 1.08 as a release with C3C support of most areas. (I'm not sure if I will find time to upgrade the UCW yet or not.)

Current changelog since the latest release
                        - Added BIQ files to all filters for scenraiofiles, and added BIX files to some too.
                        - Corrected problem with override strings on Rulesorganizer tabs.
                        - Logsystem improved to flush the logfile buffers to files more often
                        - Added support for Conquest BIQ files (v12.06)
                        - Fixed bug where the tool would load civ3mod.bic instead of civ3x.bix or conquests.biq
                        - Added support for C3C map creation with the Civ2 mapconverter
                        - Rules organizer updated to work with Conquests
                        - Corrected problem with BIQ scenarios with other than 31 playable civs
                        - Updated some parts of save and BIC handling to clean up the code and make safer use of some values
                        - Support for BIQ version 12.07 added
                        - Civilization III: Conquests install path is now meshured correctly from the registry
                        - Made C3C saves loadable in SGE (by ignoring most changes in the format) (Untested features must be enabled)
                        - Updated SGE Mapstats to handle C3C terrains correctly
                        - Fixed problem with normal shutdown causing C3MT to think it was a crash
                        - Initial loading directory of SGE will now be conquests\saves if conqests were palyed most recently
                        - Updated mapimport and export to work with C3C saves and BIQ files. (Note that importing a non BIQ to a C3C save probably won't work yey)
                        - Made C3C saves saveable in to the same level as they are loadable
                        - Fixed bug where the settigns dialog title in rare occations could be replaced by the Compare Rules title
                        - Fixed bug where the SGE command on the main menu were untranslateable
                        - Fixed bug where the name of CDD in the aboutbox sometimes would be Civ3CopyTool
                        - No longer supports version 1 or version 2 of the language file format
                        - SGE: Corrected long living bug regarding multiple unit deletion
                        - SGE: Fixed problem with adding and deleting units in a C3C save to result in DATAIO ERROR: IDLS
                        - SGE: Added ability to edit movment points, attack, defense and bombard strenth in saves with embeded rules.
                        Attached Files

Comment

adding/deleting units work and diplomacy works also

at first i was doing diplo deals with multi terms (eg 10gpt + ROP + alliance) which apprently made the editor crash. when i just did single term deals, and saved one at a time, everything worked fine

and i was also able to set really long deal lenghts, like 20 turns, 100 turns, which is really cool

are resource/luxury deals possible to edit as well?

Comment

at first i was doing diplo deals with multi terms (eg 10gpt + ROP + alliance) which apprently made the editor crash. when i just did single term deals, and saved one at a time, everything worked fine
                            That might be why I was unable to reproduce your crash bug

are resource/luxury deals possible to edit as well?

Not unless I figure out how the resource network is stored.

Just changing what the deals say, and actualy making the deals to happen is two different things.

Comment

run time error '9' subscript out of range?

Can anyone help me troubleshoot why this is occuring?

I have run vb 5 and 6 runtime to no effect.

Running windows 2000 sp3

Comment

What are you doing. Does it generate a session log?
                                (s##.log)

Comment

Working...
                                X