Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool v1.12.5 (C3MT) - Unofficial Civ 3 editor (fourth thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the same

Originally posted by zulu9812
    Actually the UCW doesn't work with Conquests. You can add units to a .biq without the Multi-tool crashing, but you are unable to then open the biq.
    Added a unit to a scenario creased in Conquests and then couldn't open it again.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Pavlov Zangalis - Hero of the capture of Berlin RFDG.

Comment

Ok I found out the editor can do this

To stop the AI raizing cities in a scenario I want to have a few foreign citizens in it to begin with then the AI will never raise.

How can I do this?

Please help.

ANswer - Using the civtool you can load the saved game and assign in the city tab foreign nationalities!!
      Last edited by Colwyn; January 9, 2004, 02:25.

Comment

Does the editor work for Civ 3 Gold edition?

Comment

Originally posted by Skiwcl
          Does the editor work for Civ 3 Gold edition?
          I believe it should. Civ3 Gold is just Civ3+PTW.

Comment

What versions do I need to down load? I was a little confused with which ones I need to get. Also, is it just a save game editor?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Comment

How does the Diplomacy part of the SGE work? Every time I try to use it, the program freezes up.

E_T
              Come and see me at WePlayCiv
              Worship the Comic here!
              Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

iirc, it's written somewhere, that diplomacy settings only work for 4000BC-saves
                - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

The diplomacy editor of the SGE is supposed to work with saves of any time, but the CDD-files for CDT are only for 4000 BC.

Chjeck the sessionlog on crashes and see if there is anything strange near the end.
                  Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Skiwcl
                    What versions do I need to down load? I was a little confused with which ones I need to get. Also, is it just a save game editor?

Thanks to anyone who can help.
                    The Full Install and the 1.04 (or 1.05 "BIQ-test version") With the next release I'll make a new full install, but I can't say when I'll be able to finish that version as of now.

Comment

Gramphos will we be able to:

Use the save game editor to edit a saved game to change unit stats ie to simulate seasons in eastern front WW2 game.

What about terrain if we change the gfx in the art folder of the scenario will that appear once we reload.

Can you or anyone with experience with his editors comment!

Comment

You can edit the stats via exporting and importing map with rules in the SGE, however, I'm not sure when that feature will be avaiable for C3C.

Also it's a hard process, so I doubt that simulating seasons via saveediting is a solution that users would want to play with.

Comment

And while I'm here I can give a short status update on hoe the C3C progress goes on:

I'm now able to load C3C saves into the SGE without any crashes, and all the data is loaded. I've ignored all new data, and assumed some parts to be fixed size, that I've not yet been able to change in size. The only part I've actually had to modify the loading of some is the map tiles that have terrains stored in a different way (see the BIQ format for more info on that). I've also update the mapstats to use this C3C terrain value.

I'll update other code using the terrain values and make the map exporting and than make saving.

Once that is done I'll release a new beta version to hopefully be able to nail down bugs and changes in the format I've not encounted yet due to limited ammount testing and testsaves.

Comment

I've got save loading and resaving for C3C working now, and I've even tested some very limited edits.

For testing purpouse I therefore relese the experimantal version 1.06, in which C3C support is set as an Untested feature and will have to be enabled from the settings.

- Corrected problem with BIQ scenarios with other than 31 playable civs
                            - Updated some parts of save and BIC handling to clean up the code and make safer use of some values
                            - Support for BIQ version 12.07 added
                            - Civilization III: Conquests install path is now meshured correctly from the registry
                            - Made C3C saves loadable in SGE (by ignoring most changes in the format) (Untested features must be enabled)
                            - Updated SGE Mapstats to handle C3C terrains correctly
                            - Fixed problem with normal shutdown causing C3MT to think it was a crash
                            - Initial loading directory of SGE will now be conquests\saves if conqests were palyed most recently
                            - Updated mapimport and export to work with C3C saves and BIQ files. (Note that importing a non BIQ to a C3C save probably won't work yey)
                            - Made C3C saces saveable in to the same level as they are loadable

Any C3C minimap will just be desert due to change in the terrainstorage I've not had time to doublewrite code for. I know this is only a experimantal release for C3Cm, but it would be good if users of PTW tested it too to see that backcompability isn't lost on any point.

Hopefully 1.07 will be a fullfetured C3C supporting version, which may be releaces by the end of next week if all goes well, and as many bugs in this version as possible is found and reported.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Missing mswinsck.ocx in error log

When trying to run it I get Run time error '9' subsrcipt out of range

I have installed the 3 files at the top of your thread to no avail.

Log says i'm missing mswinsck.ocx

Ok fixed it as per this link

Last edited by Colwyn; January 8, 2004, 19:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                                C3C support is set as an Untested feature and will have to be enabled from the settings.
                                Can you explain further what you mean by enabling in settings ie do we have to adjust something first in the editor to get it to work?

Comment

Working...
                                X