Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool v1.12.5 (C3MT) - Unofficial Civ 3 editor (fourth thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,

I also get some of those "Type Mismatch" errors in the savegame editor, although I cannot seem to reproduce them right now to give the exact text. I was getting them non-stop an hour ago.. I've changed nothing since then; My computer has just sat here with the MultiTool on-screen while I made lunch. (If it helps any, I am using a scenario with custom rules changes for the savegame I am trying to edit.)

I also noticed that the City Production Queue editing doesn't fully work: If I select a unit for the queue, it changes the queue slot, and the "Fill Box" button works. But if I try to modify a queued Improvement/Wonder, changing it has no effect. Neither the top box ("1: Temple" in this case) changes, nor does the "Fill Box" seem to have any effect.

Finally, a request/suggestion: When setting Imps/Wonders and setting the date built, could you include a button to calculate the Culture generated since it was built?

Thanks

Comment

• The links to this util seem to be down. Any way someone could attach c3mt1-12-5.zip to a post?

Comment

• Got to 197 BC in RFRE when I discovered that my capital had become Aventicum. Would have had to go back about 3 years (virtual time) to revert to Roma as capital (the Aventicum Empire; doesn't work somehow). While I am pretty good with the editor, I had never fooled around with save game edits and a couple of hours on the internet indicated that this was not as easy as I might have expected. Downloaded this tool and ran it. Simple, easy and effective. Thank you very much.
        wbe

Comment

• Originally posted by Anglophile View Post
          Got to 197 BC in RFRE when I discovered that my capital had become Aventicum. Would have had to go back about 3 years (virtual time) to revert to Roma as capital (the Aventicum Empire; doesn't work somehow). While I am pretty good with the editor, I had never fooled around with save game edits and a couple of hours on the internet indicated that this was not as easy as I might have expected. Downloaded this tool and ran it. Simple, easy and effective. Thank you very much.
          Anglophile do you have a working link to the tool?

Comment

• Wasn't here, so was Civfanatics - CivIII mods forum.

In return, how do you get the flags - just update one's profile? of course as a Canadian living in SoCal married to a Kiwi and working for an Aussie company, just which one would I use (Canada of course)?
            wbe

Comment

• New versioin: v1.12.6

Long time no see. I descided to pack up a new version of c3mt containing fixes to some known problems. A full setup is available in the downloads system.

- Fixed incorrect length calculation while loading floats from memory. (Caused Air Defence of units not to be copied by the CopyTool)
              - Fixed a problem where the unit organizer scrolling would be to short after copying units.
              - Fix error in rules organizer when trying to move a unit down at the end of the list.
              - Fix errors with moving a unit with the "To Gap" function in the unit organizer.
              - Rules Organizer can now be used to organize technologies.
              - The CopyTool no longer resets selections after a copy
              - Improved error handling when Civ3 is not installed.
              - Fixed an issue where selected tab in the save game editor could not be changed after having a validation error reported for some value.
              - Fixed a type mismatch error when selecting a civilization in the save game editor.
              - The version check system has been rebuilt to not depend on civ3files.apolyton.net. (Sorry I din't do this before the old version check system stopped working.)

c3mt-1.12.6.rar
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Gramphos- good to see you again. The save editor has a number of problems with "Civilization III: Complete Edition" which is among other things the version available on Steam. (Its saves aren't fully compatible with regular C3Q- loading old C3Q saves in the Complete Edition gives some odd behaviors; I don't remember the particulars as it's been a couple years since I made the switch.)

Filters don't work, there are type mismatch errors esp. on save, etc. The Napoleon conquest seems to be particularly broken: trying to save gives "Error: Object variable or With block variable not set (91) in c3mt @ SAVE_Unit.cls Line 668" and ignoring the error leads to similar errors with line numbers 669 and 697. After ignoring around 60 such errors you get a save file which, on load, shows -Nil- all over the place esp next to every unit listing.

Comment

• BTW another less serious bug: if you even look at a unit which comes from a destroyed nationality (captured workers, artillery etc) their nationality appears to be randomly reassigned to one of the surviving players. This can end up turning no-support-required half-pace workers into native worker units.

Comment

• Originally posted by jensend View Post
                    Gramphos- good to see you again. The save editor has a number of problems with "Civilization III: Complete Edition" which is among other things the version available on Steam. (Its saves aren't fully compatible with regular C3Q- loading old C3Q saves in the Complete Edition gives some odd behaviors; I don't remember the particulars as it's been a couple years since I made the switch.)
                    I don't have Civ3 Complete myself, (and especially not from Steam) Could you post some save files that you have problems with?

Filters don't work, there are type mismatch errors esp. on save, etc. The Napoleon conquest seems to be particularly broken: trying to save gives "Error: Object variable or With block variable not set (91) in c3mt @ SAVE_Unit.cls Line 668" and ignoring the error leads to similar errors with line numbers 669 and 697. After ignoring around 60 such errors you get a save file which, on load, shows -Nil- all over the place esp next to every unit listing.
                    The error at line 668 is caused by attempting to do a FOW recalculation when there is no map. Are you trying to Save when editing a filter? Or is it when having a filter enabled? Try to disable the option to always recalculate FOW on save. I'll look into fixing the underlying problem in the next version.

Comment

• No, I wasn't saving when editing a filter; each of the bugs I mentioned is independent of the others. If you apply a filter, you always end up with no units to choose from, and you can't switch to any other tabs until you've disabled the filter. When you disable the filter, it gives a dialog box simply saying "Error" with an OK button and after you press OK things seem to be back to normal. I'm attaching two saves.

Three pieces of good news: I'm having trouble reproducing the type mismatch errors I'd been seeing, so I guess the type mismatch fix in 1.12.6 probably covered them; also, disabling FOW recalculation did avoid the bug in the Napoleon scenario, and the option to list dead players fixes the captured unit bug I mentioned. I'd not noticed those settings before; why not make disabling FOW recalculation and listing dead players the defaults, since that avoids buggy behaviors?
                      Attached Files

Comment

• I can't fully reproduce the filter problem. I've seen parts of the problems you describe, and have fixed some of them, but I can't get them not to work. I can switch tabs, and also filter, at least on some fields as position and nationality. The Error popup is bogus and happens if you disable a filter in which there were no matching units. I've removed the popup since it is a valid scenario.

the FOW recalculation bug happens when a unit is too close to the map edge which happens more likely on a flat map than on one with wrap around. I'll have it fixed in the next version. I'll keep recalculation FOW on by default, since it otherwise is possible to place units in the FOW and not see them when it's time to move them. But I'll make the list dead players option default, since, even if I fix the problem with nationalities being reassigned it will still look strange in the editor when a unit belongs to a dead player.

As for the save version I have a feeling that your C3C version come with slightly modified default rules compared to the original conquests. (making it impossible for me to load saves that don't have embedded rules in them) Could you post your civ3mod.biq?

Comment

• There's a civ3mod.bic but no .biq; I'm attaching conquests.biq as well.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by jensend View Post
                            There's a civ3mod.bic but no .biq; I'm attaching conquests.biq as well.
                            That's right. It's named conquests.biq in Conquests. I didn't remember that.

Comment

• There seems to be some problem with the Conquests patch 1.22 not being correctly installed on Windows 7 without Steam. According to the changelog that patch removes the Radio technology, but it's still in my default rules and tech tree images. That difference will make non scenario files incompatible for sure.

Comment

• After hammering my installation a little I found out that it seems as if conquests copies itäs rules to the %LocalAppData%\VirtualStore at some point during installation, and if you don't remove that before installing the 1.22 patch the updated rules, which removes radio are not included. The result is that, without steam there might be several 1.22 installations out there with radio on 1.22.

Saves created on a game with radio will not be compatible with a game without and vice verse. Alsoe C3MT will only properly load games compatible with the biq installed on the machine with C3MT. I'll see if I can add some custom detection of this case to resolve the compatibility issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X